British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-06-17, 02:55 AM

Default 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion Virtual Museum

Hello Gents,

This year is a very special year. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, we also celebrate the 75th anniversary of Canadian Airborne History. Last Friday was the official launch of my 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion Virtual Museum. This virtual museum is dedicated to the pioneers of the airborne brotherhood that paratroopers share today.

I will try my best to give you reason to visit often, as this project will steadily expand as I continue to add more exhibits and information over the next year. I am currently working on many more biographies and photographs for the “Soldier” section. The site can be viewed in 100 languages, so if you speak another language, please let me know if the translation is reasonable. I’m not perfect, therefore feedback is always welcomed.

Turn on your speakers so you can listen to the Last Post when you view the “In Memory” section or listen to a wartime classic song in the “Romance and Jewelry” section. If you feel confident with your knowledge about the Battalion, then take the fun quiz and see how you do.

Please click on the link below.

http://1stcanparamuseum.com

If you read a biography about a member, then you have taken the time to keep their memory alive. A sincere Thank You for doing so.

AIRBORNE!
Old 28-06-17, 08:52 AM

A fantastic site and a very worthy tribute to those brave men of the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion.

Thank you for the effort you have put into this and for sharing it with the rest of us.

Roger
Old 28-06-17, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Great website. Worth returning to many times.
Old 28-06-17, 12:51 PM

Thank you for your kinds words gents.

Old 28-06-17, 05:40 PM

A great tribute.
Thank you
Don
Old 05-07-17, 11:54 PM

Gents,

A tidbit of info for you, as of today 50 people have taken the quiz and the average score has been 66.67%.

Cheers
Old 22-07-17, 02:18 PM

Hello Gents,

Another update for you. I find this kind of information interesting, I figured the “SOLDIER” section would have been the most active area on the site, however up to this point the most visited section has been “EQUIPMENT” with well over 1000 visits and a close second is “IN MEMORY”. Not sure why that is but there you have it.

If you want to read about an interesting veteran, please click on the link below for Major Hilborn. He survived all the war time operational exploits the Battalion was involved with and returned home without a scratch, however not so lucky in a time of peace.

http://1stcanparamuseum.com/soldiers...ll-hilborn-mid

Enjoy the read.

Thank you to those who have been supportive, greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 26-05-18, 04:19 AM

Hello Gents,

Here is another addition to the virtual museum, Jan de Vries. Jan was born in the Netherlands and immigrated to Canada as a young boy. You can read more about Jan at the link provided below.

http://1stcanparamuseum.com/soldiers...e-jan-de-vries

Enjoy the read.

Cheers