British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Indian Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-08-18, 01:15 AM

Default Assam Regt & IAEC

Two recent acquistions.

Assam Regt - rev - Bartons - Silver

Indian Army Educational Corps - rev - Phelps , New Delhi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AssamRegt.jpg (39.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IAEC.jpg (46.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 21-08-18, 01:23 PM

Very nice. Always fond of the Assam Reg't badge, one of which I owned for many years: to me it says 'I have a short fuse; don't mess with me or I'll stomp you!'
Old 22-08-18, 01:37 AM

Yes, Peter. It's a lovely badge. I was lucky to pick these two up at a bargain in Bangalore. Incidentally, the only two badges I have managed to get here after residing for 6 years in this city. Considering its military background, its quite a surprise that I have never found any militaria items in this city except a BWM to the Mysore Lancers and a Mysore State Police badge in the local silver bazaar.
Old 22-08-18, 12:24 PM

Indeed surprising, and a shame! Mind, 30+ years ago I bought a set of 8 medals, Second Afghan War through to WWI, named to a Risaldar Major and IOM holder. The 'other two' - the 1914-15 Star & Victory Medal - had been rejected by the buyer because they were not silver. A subsequent buyer was clever enough to bring them to Canada to sell as militaris, not melt down for the sterling.
Old 23-08-18, 01:26 AM

Actually, very nearly impossible to find British Indian Army badges in India. Ashok tells me that when he started collecting in the 70s you could get them at Military Tailorshops, but no more. I've even been to Bartons in Bangalore hoping to find some 'old' stock but no luck, and they had no idea what became of their dies..
Old 23-08-18, 08:29 AM

Superb badges, thank you for posting.