British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-03-09, 05:20 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default quoted " don't you just love ebay "

Hello again, gentlemen,
I guess I just can't stay away, I have to admit that I have tried but there are too many good points to this forum to outweigh my, for want of a better word, niggles.
I have just read a little tongue in cheek post about one of my favourite subjects, ebay, yes I will defend the sellers when I think they are OK and I will certainly slam the bad ones and I agree with every forum member who has a go at a bad seller.
The thread I spotted, was written a couple of months ago in the Royal Flying Corps/Royal Air Force posts.
Can we do a comparison, I am not going to mention any names and this thread is just to highlight a fact and in no way do I intend to offend anyone, in fact on this occasion, I have had to laugh.
I will say this about the majority of ebay sellers, when a mistake in the listing is made by an ebay seller and that seller is told of the mistake, there is invariably a thankyou message and the listing is changed, not always I know but we don't live in an ideal world, do we ?
The comparison is only going to work if plenty of members looks at the forums' classified section on a regular basis, there is one particular badge being advertised for sale by a member that is blatantly mis-described, it has been on for quite a while and I have actually pointed the mistake out to the seller but with no answer.
I have not heard one member pass a remark about this instance, it may be the only mistake we see all year long but it's the one example that I need to ask all the members who had a laugh at the expense of the seller on ebay, why they haven't had a similar laugh at the seller in our own classified section ??
I'm sorry to go on and I hope I'm not going to be accused of being confrontational, argumentative or even negative because I think this is perfectly good point to make and to ask other members their opinions on.
You can be assured that my next post will be for advice, bearing in mind of course, the last time I asked for advice the answers were contradictory and caused a certain amount of uneasiness !!
Your thoughts please.
Dave
Old 02-03-09, 05:51 PM
Former Member

Dave,
would it be the "Royal Berkshire" or should I say Duke of Edinburgh's Royal Regiment badge?
Old 02-03-09, 05:55 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Andy,
No names, no pack-drill but I enlisted in this regiment in 1960, what I should have said is, long lugs for a cap badge, short lugs for the collar.
Dave.