British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-22, 12:23 PM

Default Johnson resigns

I don't know what the general feelings are of the British people towards him. Does this bode well or not? Who is to replace him?

CB
Old 07-07-22, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuehler View Post
I don't know what the general feelings are of the British people towards him. Does this bode well or not? Who is to replace him?

CB
Great news, but according to many there is no one who could replace him.....
Andy
Old 07-07-22, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuehler View Post

CB
CB

Personally i am glad he has gone, too many stupid errors on his behalf, although you have to give him credit for getting BREXIT done and the sterling performance of getting the UK inoculated to deal with COVID.

The front runner to replace him, is I believe the current Defence Secretary (Ben Wallace) who has had several posts including Northern Ireland Minister, Security Minister and now Defence Secretary.

An ex officer of the Scots Guards, in my opinion the best candidate but who will get the top job is anyone's guess at the moment.

Steve
Old 07-07-22, 03:56 PM

He is the greatest Prime Minister this country has had since Churchill and that back-stabbing bunch of turds who drove him out of office have done their country absolutely no favours at all. As of today I am a non-voter. The only thing that will ever get me to vote again is if Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage form an alliance and create a new pro-British, anti-EU, anti-Woke party that puts the sane majority in this country first.
Old 07-07-22, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
He is the greatest Prime Minister this country has had since Churchill and that back-stabbing bunch of turds who drove him out of office have done their country absolutely no favours at all. As of today I am a non-voter. The only thing that will ever get me to vote again is if Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage form an alliance and create a new pro-British, anti-EU, anti-Woke party that puts the sane majority in this country first.
Like button

?
Old 07-07-22, 06:03 PM

Those celebrating are the Kremlin, the BBC, Opposition Parties, Sinn Fein, Ms Krankie (AKA N Sturgeon), Failed and Sacked ministers, Trade Union Officials, EU Officials and Remoaners. Doesn't that say it all.
Old 07-07-22, 06:26 PM

I’m with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer Soldier View Post
Those celebrating are the Kremlin, the BBC, Opposition Parties, Sinn Fein, Ms Krankie (AKA N Sturgeon), Failed and Sacked ministers, Trade Union Officials, EU Officials and Remoaners. Doesn't that say it all.
Old 07-07-22, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Supt Clk RAOC View Post
CB

Personally i am glad he has gone, too many stupid errors on his behalf, although you have to give him credit for getting BREXIT done and the sterling performance of getting the UK inoculated to deal with COVID.

The front runner to replace him, is I believe the current Defence Secretary (Ben Wallace) who has had several posts including Northern Ireland Minister, Security Minister and now Defence Secretary.

An ex officer of the Scots Guards, in my opinion the best candidate but who will get the top job is anyone's guess at the moment.

Steve
A an ex Guards officer, i would be worried if he became Prime Minister. He got the date of the Crimean War wrong, in which his regiment excelled in.
Andy
Old 07-07-22, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer Soldier View Post
The BBC (and the TU) have shown that by following the Kremlin they can change UK politics. The opposition parties have tried to screw up everything Boris achieved, knowing full well they couldn’t have done half as well as him. EU officials and Remoaners hate him for proving what a massive con trick the EU actually is. I reserve most of my vitriol for the “failed and sacked ministers”. Nobody should vote for the back stabbing, plotting muppets anymore.
Old 08-07-22, 08:35 AM

I think it is right that Boris has resigned (he was left with no other option) but it is due to "internal politics" that have been in play ever since he was elected.

The names of the "anonymous" sources (partygate photos/private meetings etc) should be made public , these people are supposed to be 'trusted' but obviously had their own agenda.

Out of the contenders to replace him , once you remove the incompetent and those who have been shown to be willing to stab others in the back to further their own careers , who are you left with ?

One point , with Boris out of the picture the Opposition are going to have to start talking about their actual policies (Stramer is now supporting Brexit !) rather than their childish name calling.

Poppy and British Legion Wanted

Last edited by mike_vee; 08-07-22 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-22, 05:29 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that we have just witnessed the culmination of a a very long campaign orchestrated by the pro E.U. establishment (B.B.C., left wing media, social media, etc) to unseat a Prime Minister. A P.M. who was given an 80 seat majority to get Brexit done.

The B.B.C. in particular have been appalling, they allowed footage of an insignificant little rapper called Slow Thai holding up a life like replica of the severed head of Boris Johnson at the end of his televised act with little more than a witty comment from Lauren Laverne. They were equally happy to show Stormzy effing and blinding about the Tories at Glastonbury. So much for impartiality.

We have in effect seen the deliberate obstruction of the democratic will of the British voter by the remain lobby and I have no doubt that the person who replaces Boris as P.M. will be a hand picked remainer.

One little question is still nagging at me and it is this. During the pandemic, when we were all in lock down, did the bars and restaurants at the House of Commons remain open?

If, they did, any member of Parliarment who had a pint, a double Scotch or ate a three course meal, (subsidised by the tax payer), after the working day was done, needs to have a long hard look in the mirror.
Old 08-07-22, 06:28 PM

Some very good wonderings. May I add - I wonder why a Labour MP's place in Durham with 17 people including Starmer and Rayner (she of course forgot she was there) with beer and curry was regarded as a workplace whilst 10 Downing Street was regarded otherwise. I always thought the country was run from 10 Downing Street. A law for Boris and another for Sir Starmer`?
Old 08-07-22, 06:34 PM

Question Boris Johnson

"When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, Knowone forgets"

Rob
Old 08-07-22, 07:23 PM

Although I thought Boris was a twat, he at least got Brexit done.
Andy
Old 09-07-22, 01:00 AM

All very interesting indeed. As an outsider, I had the impression that Johnson had at least some competencies as PM, which were not always recognized nor held in good regard by the British public.

CB