British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-05-11, 10:38 AM

Default 25th Dragoons cloth titles

picked these up a few weeks ago with some 25D brass titles I think these are hard to find so I thought I would show them.the extensions were added to them and I believe they were used as slip ons.RMR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7th 8th 072.jpg (38.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 27-05-11, 03:21 PM

Good Afternoon RMR,

They were indeed used as slip-ons by officers and other ranks of the 25th Dragoons.
It would appear from what I can see that these are officers patterns, being narrow to allow space for the rank insignia on the epaulette. For variations on this shoulder title slip-on see my book "For Hostilities Only" (ISBN. 978-0-9524261-1-0) where all the insignia etc of the war raised cavalry regiments 22D - 27L, are illustrated in colour.

All good wishes,

Peter
Old 27-05-11, 07:22 PM

Thanks Peter confirms my thoughts I shall indeed look up your book,re officers pattern fits with the other badges that came from this source.Regards Roger
Old 28-05-11, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
Thanks Peter confirms my thoughts I shall indeed look up your book,re officers pattern fits with the other badges that came from this source.Regards Roger
If you have any interest in these wartime armoured units I highly recommend Peter's book,

I bought it purely for the 22 Dragoons (a "stretched" extension of my interest in Irish Cavalry units (themselves a "stretched" extension of my interest in the disbanded Irish units)). I thoroughly enjoyed both the depth of detail and ease of read of this book.

John
Old 28-05-11, 05:55 PM

Default For Hostilities Only

Peter,

Where can we get a copy of your book?

Les.
Old 28-05-11, 06:27 PM

Good Evening Les,

Thank you for your enquiry. My book is available from me direct. The details are that the book is bar-coded at £30 plus postage. However, for members of the Forum, and any other military associated interest groups, I offer it at £25 plus postage. Noticing that you're located in the UK the total price would be £28.

Should you wish to purchase a copy I have a paypal account attached to my e-mail address which is pfseaman@btinternet.com alternatively you can pay by cheque.

Renewed thanks for your contact, and please do ask if you require any further information.

All good wishes,

Peter