British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-11-20, 10:49 PM

Default WW1 "Delandre" vignettes of British and Colonial units

As some members will already know one of my other interests is collecting pieces of paper, including the WW1 "Delandre" cinderella stamps that were produced and sold in France. I've put together a small website about them and as they illustrate a wide range of British and Colonial units I thought I'd mention it here, grab a cuppa and take a look.

https://delandres.uk

The range includes the Royal Navy, all arms and services of the Army and units from across the Colonies, along with some 'propaganda' designs. I believe the ones I show represent the full set for that scope. There are thousands more of French units, they're outside of my interests but command a huge following across the Channel. The designs are attractive and I believe broadly accurate of the units in question (the naming rather less so though!)

One ask please: if you spot any mistakes in the text on seniority, histories etc. perhaps you could directly PM or email me and I'll correct it. My wider knowledge of the regiments in question and especially the colonial units is limited and my apologies in advance if I have misrepresented your unit or branch. Thanks to the members who have already helped on that.
Old 08-11-20, 05:17 AM

Very attractive art work, not like you see today!

Terry
Old 08-11-20, 01:28 PM

Great website... I also have collected Delandre labels over the years. As well other patriotic labels from the period.
Old 08-11-20, 09:39 PM

Very nice Michael.

Chris