British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum  

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Classifieds: Sales and Wanted

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-06-19, 06:26 PM

Default Airborne Parachute Wings - rare

Nice Parachute qualification wings which i beleive to be WW2 but make your own mind up. Not seen this type before.

£35 inc delivery. Paypal friends & Family
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wings.jpg (54.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg wings back.jpg (61.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 15-06-19, 06:39 PM

Post war green on maize Light Infantry wings?
Old 15-06-19, 08:00 PM

You ask a question , I am open to suggestion as I do not know . Nice wings but do not fit in my para collection

Regards
Paul
Old 15-06-19, 08:12 PM

Yes I too believe they are post war ?
Andy
Old 15-06-19, 08:58 PM

A suggestion as to what it is - you're selling the item so you may wish to investigate your item for sale rather than apply " buyer beware" as a policy.
Whilst not wishing to spoil your pitch unjustifiably it may be an idea to ask for members to give opinions as to what items are if you don't know what they are before you even tentatively identify them as what they appear to be not and offer them for sale at what is about ten times or more their value.
The vague "probably WWI" or "maybe WWII" label applied to modern made items is a common eBay approach but not something that goes down well on this forum.
So, sorry n' all that but ask before sticking a label and a price on something when you don't know what it is, it's worth asking.
I know this sounds rather pompous and I apologise if my identification is wrong, but I'm used to the items being offered for sale on this forum being accurately identified and offered by people who are often expert in their field and who know their subject.
So, you don't know what it is, I've suggested it may be something other than you suggest.
If I'm wrong then sorry, although if I'm wrong I'd be far from embarrassed at having to say sorry.
Old 15-06-19, 09:08 PM

With regards this offering, and some of your others that I have just viewed, I suggest, without wishing to cause offence, that you are a little more realistic regards your pricing.

As another poster has commented, a little research goes a long way.
Old 15-06-19, 09:24 PM

Hello

I am simply offering items I own , if you feel they are not as described then so be it, I have no history of the wing apart from I bought it some time ago , I don't think itís parachute regiment , but is parachute qualification. I bought it as ww2 , but if itís felt itís not to be the case then please donít buy it.

You refer to other items , they are all good badges , I own Over 80 of them and some are posted on this forum as I am an avid collector. Others on this forum have purchased off me in the last week and are happy .

Regards
Paul
Old 15-06-19, 09:28 PM

Also , sub £30 including postage is good for a Para badge
Thanks again
Old 15-06-19, 09:35 PM

With respect, no - if you don't know what they are, sure, speculate but ask - don't just present them as give me the money because I think they're this that or the other, ask what they are then offer them for sale.
You're "I think" is costing a buyer £35.
My "I think" is maybe £2.50 - £3.
You don't know what this item is but hey, you're willing to risk mislabeling it and having to trouser £35 rather than a couple of quid.
Ask what it is, don't slap a price on it way over the odds with an "I think - you take the risk".
Again, unembarressed apologies if I'm wrong.
Old 15-06-19, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahannah View Post
Thanks again
Not if it's a badge worth a couple of quid it's not - my version of what you're selling cost about £1.50.
Old 15-06-19, 09:47 PM

Do you really think this a a £3 item , even if the concensus is that it is post war?

You have a lot to say but at the same time nothing. I am not entertaining this and this item is removed as you have now set the bar low on me getting anything for it.
Old 15-06-19, 09:55 PM

Just read your last post Are you now saying the para badges I have listed on here are only worth 1.50 are you serious?
Old 15-06-19, 10:03 PM

Well, if I'm wrong, sorry - you post it for sale as an "I don't know what it is but give me your money because I think it's a WWII badge" and yet you're not inviting comments / correction?

Okay, it's a valuable WWII badge but not introduced in these colours in the what, the 1950's, 60's?.

If you're right, someone will tell you, if you're wrong then your pitch has been queered because it deserves to be.
Old 15-06-19, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Just read your last post Are you now saying the para badges I have listed on here are only worth 1.50 are you serious?
Read what I posted - in relation to this badge, not whatever else you're selling and upon which I make no comment.
Old 15-06-19, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks again
Not if it's a pattern introduced or manufactured "yesterday".
You're selling this, you believe it to be WWII production - why please?
Ball's in your court - it's not for me to disprove what you
you "think", you're the seller - tell me why you are presenting this badge on a forum such as this as having been manufactured during WWII please.
Quote me the book learnin' references.