British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-02-12, 05:06 AM

Interesting that these coloured AA badges are supposed to be issued and available, but no one has an actual, physical and genuine coloured AA example in their own collection.

Like many other collectors, I've been looking for AA coloured cap-badges to the RDG for several years, without success so far.
Old 13-02-12, 08:27 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Interesting that these coloured AA badges are supposed to be issued and available, but no one has an actual, physical and genuine coloured AA example in their own collection.

Like many other collectors, I've been looking for AA coloured cap-badges to the RDG for several years, without success so far.
William,
the one shown in post #4 is genuine. I wrote a few articles for "Crown Imperial" on the then "New" badges as a result of "Options for Change", all the badges came straigh from the Regiments in question. I shall scan the page and post it as a new thread!

Best regards - Andy
Old 13-02-12, 09:26 AM

Many thanks, Andy. I look fwd to seeing your Crown Imperial article.

It's still strange that so few AA coloured badges to the RDG are around. For instance, I have never seen one on Ebay or on any of the major Internet sales sites.

Quartermaster QDG, if you are reading this, sir, pls cd you release a few of these for sale to the collecting fraternity?
Old 13-02-12, 10:39 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Many thanks, Andy. I look fwd to seeing your Crown Imperial article.

It's still strange that so few AA coloured badges to the RDG are around. For instance, I have never seen one on Ebay or on any of the major Internet sales sites.

Quartermaster QDG, if you are reading this, sir, pls cd you release a few of these for sale to the collecting fraternity?
Now added pages from the article mentioned in an ALBUM, please send a PM should you need access!

Andy
Old 13-02-12, 01:16 PM

Excellent Andy
Old 13-02-12, 05:04 PM

Quote:

This one is mine and from the RQMS when they formed.

Marc

Last edited by 54Bty; 09-02-22 at 05:32 PM.
Old 14-02-12, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
This one is mine and from the RQMS when they formed.

Marc
Cheers Marc; good to hear from you and I trust you are well.

Nice acquisition. Well done to you on a nice coup and I hope you are still having plenty of such successes.

But where are all the others?

All the best from Afg.
Old 14-02-12, 11:14 AM

As has already been posted they are not worn, most wear the private purchase badge which is very similar to the Officers version, which are also available from the museum in York. They do not have any of the aa badges so do not waste a stamp.

Marc
Old 14-02-12, 01:21 PM

Quote:

My sentiments exactly William,that was what led me to start the thread.I managed to get the coloured Light Dragoons rather quickly after issue though.
Old 21-02-12, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
My sentiments exactly William,that was what led me to start the thread.I managed to get the coloured Light Dragoons rather quickly after issue though.
Mike, William,
If it helps, I too have one of the anodised alluminium enameled badges. They do turn up, but not that often - but they are out there guys, be assured!

Regards all

Bess
Old 22-02-12, 05:38 AM

Cheers Sean.

Shall I send you my address, so you can post it? ;-)

All the best

William
Old 22-02-12, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Cheers Sean.

Shall I send you my address, so you can post it? ;-)

All the best

William
Ah, close but no cigar mate, if I come across a 'buckshee' one you never know! Having said that the one I have is the only one I 've ever seen for myself

All the best mate and regards to all

Bess
Old 07-07-14, 06:41 PM

I was worrying about this badge due to the Inniskilling part of the scroll being enamelled but after seeing 54Bty's I think I'm o.k.....
Old 07-07-14, 06:45 PM

Old 07-07-14, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim a View Post
I was worrying about this badge due to the Inniskilling part of the scroll being enamelled but after seeing 54Bty's I think I'm o.k.....
In case you had not seen it already, have a look at this thread. It has references to several minor manufacturing errors with regard to the enameling/colouring of various elements of these badges.

http://britishbadgeforum.com/forums/...n+badge&page=2