British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Photographs of British Servicemen and Women Wearing Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-05-20, 04:53 PM

Default Army Depot Police/Security Force Police Cyprus

Hi all, Following on from my last post for defence security badges I'm looking for, does anyone have any images of the Cyprus Army Depot Police or current Security Force Police? I served in Cyprus in the Eastern Sovereign base Area/Episkopi/Akrotiri and although we were told about the (then) Army Depot Police (along with all the other police forces: SBA Police, RMP, RAF Police and the Civil Republic of Cyprus Police) and warned NOT to get arrested by any of them, I never actually saw any depot police on either occassion I was in Cyprus, anyone got anything I can copy?

Regards

Tony
Old 24-05-20, 05:04 PM

Hi Tony

Somewhere I have a cutting from Soldier showing the Army Depot Police (Cyprus), unfortunately I'm still unpacking after a house move last year so cannot currently lay hands on it (and couldn't scan it anyway at present), but when it comes to light I'll send a scan.

There are some photos of the Security Force Police here (plus the SBA Police in another album):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161496...57698794970104

When I was up the mountain in 1979-80 we had RAF Police Auxiliaries on the camp gate, are they no longer used in Cyprus?

All the best

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.

Last edited by Chacal; 24-05-20 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 24-05-20, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal View Post
Hi Tony

Somewhere I have a cutting from Soldier showing the Army Depot Police (Cyprus), unfortunately I'm still unpacking after a house move last year so cannot currently lay hands on it (and couldn't scan it anyway at present), but when it comes to light I'll send a scan.

There are some photos of the Security Force Police here (plus the SBA Police in another album):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161496...57698794970104

When I was up the mountain in 1979-80 we had RAF Police Auxiliaries on the camp gate, are they no longer used in Cyprus?

All the best

Graham

Cheers Graham, that's great, really interesting and look forward to the scans when you're finally unpacked (last time I moved it took best part of 4 years!)

RAF Police Auxiliaries? I don't know, I was in Cyprus in the 90's but didn't go up to the RAF stations up in the mountains so never got to see!

Best regards

Tony
Old 24-05-20, 08:56 PM

Default SFP Cyprus

Please find attached SFP Cap Badge. Hope this may be of use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Security Force Police Cap Badge.jpg (34.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 24-05-20, 09:19 PM

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ctureid=121661