British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > New Zealand Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 29-01-13, 04:49 PM
Banned

Clive,

Dress regulations determined that the flash was to have been worn on the left side of the Sun Helmet, Pith Hat and Bush Hat. Most Bush/slouch hats I've seen don't have a pin up brim, but if the hat did on the right side, it would explain why the flash was hidden behind it.

The V on the Oz made examples is for Victoria as mentioned, the individual numbers being manufacturer. I don't think I've ever seen a Brit made RAF slouchie.

Nice to see my valuation was about spot on!
Old 29-01-13, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebee1 View Post
The rather foolish comment that it is "Souvenir Tat" is ridiculous. Regards, Clive.
Your misquote is definitely the work of a fool .

"" Until reliable proof is found , all such hats must of course be considered to be merely souvenir tat mustn't they. ""

Get it right next time .
Old 29-01-13, 05:58 PM

Max, you really are a t**t, you don't know any of the people you are snapping at, you don't know what they do for a living or anything. Might I suggest getting some manners and stop being so abrasive. I am normally a very placid person but you really wind me up.

Fool my arse!!
Old 29-01-13, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS1 View Post

There are many examples online of NZ forces wearing slouch hats both before, during and after WW2, just check with Google. I'll try and dig out my images.
Yes there certainly are , Lemon Squeezer slouch hats , and Mounted Rifle slouch hats , and maybe some Bash slouch hats , ones with a raised leaf too , but they are of no consequence to this thread .

The topic of this thread is a British pattern bush hat with RAF flash on the puggaree and NZRAF badge on the raised leaf .
Old 29-01-13, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
Max, you really are a t**t, you don't know any of the people you are snapping at, you don't know what they do for a living or anything. Might I suggest getting some manners and stop being so abrasive. I am normally a very placid person but you really wind me up.

Fool my arse!!
Keep your foul comment to yourself .
Your clockwork issues are you problem.
Have you nothing to contribute to the topic ?
Old 29-01-13, 06:14 PM
Banned

I note you are a new member Maxwell. Conntinue in the same abrasive manner and you won't remain a member long. The object here is to offer advice, not to have a dig at members, many of which are long standing friends. If you can contribute nothing but bile, why contribute at all.

Suggest you go back and read the forum rules before you get kicked off, although as others are finding your posts of a similar vein I don't think it will be long. Maybe its the Jock in you.
Old 29-01-13, 06:56 PM

Clearly "Max on the Crest Trail" your work on this thread is done. Please do not comment further on this thread or any other that I may start, it will not be welcome. A significant reason for most of us being members is the friendly exchange of knowledge and information. Some members are new to collecting and there are others with vast experience, everyone of us can learn and enjoy a fine Forum such as this. Believe me, all of us can take criticism and friendly banter, sadly you have gone way beyond this. Goodbye, Clive.
Old 29-01-13, 07:16 PM
Banned

Swift work, he has been banned! Thank you Mods!
Old 30-01-13, 05:13 AM

I don't know who max is, but it seemed to me he knew more than some others who have commented in this thread, and I don't blame him for being frustrated at some of the speculations that have been made.

IMO, I just hope the Moderators share the love about when it comes to banning members over what has been said in this thread.
Old 30-01-13, 10:24 AM

An invitation that will not be coming any time soon, nor I think would be accepted either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scot.JPG (33.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 30-01-13, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't know who max is, but it seemed to me he knew more than some others who have commented in this thread, and I don't blame him for being frustrated at some of the speculations that have been made.

IMO, I just hope the Moderators share the love about when it comes to banning members over what has been said in this thread.
'Max' is a member who has already been banned once and who joined again under another name. Look at the recent posts since he rejoined a week ago. On three threads he was rude and abusive on each. Not everyone is as knowledgible as you might be atillathenunns, personally I am grateful to anyone that takes the time to offer a response to anything I post. I'd rather get ten with one helpful bit of info, than one with none.
Old 30-01-13, 12:27 PM

Reading this may be of some help to you seebee1.
Andy

Last edited by magpie; 28-09-13 at 10:41 PM.
Old 30-01-13, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathenunns View Post

If you mean me? then I would accept a decision to ban me, if that is what Mike or the other moderators decide, at any point, is necessary. Its their decision and as the rules say, either way, moderators decisions are final. I wouldn't rejoin and go throwing insults around.

No offence intended to you Atilla,

Phil

Edit: IMO he contributed nothing to this thread himself. He just contradicted others with no evidence of his own, the whole time having a dig.

Last edited by Phil2M; 30-01-13 at 04:39 PM.
Old 31-01-13, 05:01 PM

Many thanks Andy for the very interesting article. Thank you as well Phil for your own valued contribution, much appreciated. Regards, Clive.
Old 31-01-13, 05:56 PM

While i have had an interest in badges for over thirty years,i have only been collecting headwear for the past three.There are pitfals as there is a lot of made up items in the soft headwear department.

I for one liked the lively debate provided by Max and Jock who have now been banned.I hope we don't have to go down the PC track and ban everyone who disagrees with us

Cheers Iain