British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-06-11, 02:07 PM

Default 70 ( Essex Yeomanry) Sig Sqn & 68 Inns Of Court and City Yeomanry Sig Sqn

Can any member please help me.

I am looking for a photograph of an Officer wearing on either No1 Dress Hat or Beret The Red Officers Bullion badge of 70 (Essex) Yeomanry Signal Squadron prior to their amalgamation with 68 Inns of Court and City Yeomanry. There is a poor photo of what looks to be the C.O. of the Squadron on facebook in his No1 Dress but not good enough to show on my web site.

I am also looking for the same kind of photo of and Officer wearing the Green Officers Bullion Badge on either No1 Dress hat or Beret for 68 Inns of Court and City Yeomanry Signal Squadron again prior to their amalgamation of 2010.

I have attached a photograph of both the Officer's Bullion badges that I am requesting and would be most grateful if any member can assist me. I wish to add the photographs of the Officers wearing these badges onto my little web site and put them at the bottom of each page where the badge is depicted. Please have a look at the site to see what I mean. www.signalsbadges.co.uk

I very much hope someone can help, either by a PM to me or through this thread.

On the off chance a 94 Berkshire Yeomanry Officers bullion on a beret or No 1 Dress cap would also be most welcome. However, I do have this badge showing on a beret on the site.

Many thankis in advance.

Best wishes

Chris Walker
Old 13-06-11, 06:50 PM

Chris,
Not what you are asking about but I would appreciate your comment on this TRF from Afghanistan with a possible 68 Sqn link?

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ictureid=44183

Tim
Old 13-06-11, 08:03 PM

Hello Chris. I hope this helps, O.C. 68 prior to amalgamation.Tim it has been worn.Picture from the association web site.Regards Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iccy pre essex.jpg (30.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg ICCY ops TRF.jpg (53.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 13-06-11, 09:21 PM

signalman,
Many thanks for confirming the 68 (IC&CY) Sig Sqn connection to the "Devil's Own" TRF worn in Afghanistan.

Tim
Old 14-06-11, 08:48 AM

Default 68 Innc of Court

Dear Phil

Very many thanks for the photo. Can I use it on my little web site. Only thinking of copyright.

Thanks for replying to the TRF question.

Just for your info Phil I have updated the site. To save you looking every where here are the new badges. First one is a gem.

1 UK Section Officers Unofficial Cap FS Bullion Badge with the cap it was on shown underneath.

2 Asia Section Two Indian Corps of Signals Officers Wire woven Badges. One is 50th Para Sigs other is on a Booney Hate. New issues.

3 Africa Section Photographed for me in South Africa. 1st Signal Company of Rhodesia. First one most people have ever seen.

Enjoy and thanks Phil

Chris
Old 14-06-11, 01:29 PM

Pleasure Chris. I have just looked right through the journal and there is no mention of copyright and no name of photographer on the photo's so your guess is as good as mine. I will try and find out for you.This is the O.C. 2010 who has retired from the unit. Good news re the site.Regards Phil.
Old 12-07-11, 07:52 PM

I have managed to get one of the ICCY badges from an officer who wore it in Afghanistan. He seems to think they were made in theatre and very few manufactured. The other photograph is from 10 Stone Buildings and is kit worn by unit members on operation. Sorry about the reflection. Regards Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg devils own afghanistan.jpg (101.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCI0458.jpg (60.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSCI0457.jpg (31.9 KB, 31 views)