British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

View Poll Results: In which format would you prefer to buy Chris Brooker's new books?
Softcover 21 56.76%
Hardcover 11 29.73%
One of each 5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-12, 12:21 AM

Default Survey - New Chris Brooker books

I will be publishing Chris Brooker's new series of books, covering cloth and metal badges of the 1920-unification era.

The series will cover 7 volumes with each volume running 225 pages. I plan on printing these with an interval of 2-4 months between volumes. They will be available by volume so there is no need to purchase the entire set. Each volume will be 8 1/2 x 11 inches. In order to keep costs down I plan on printing this in softcover but will run a small batch in hardcover also. Although not confirmed I expect the prices to be $39.95 (softcover) and $59.95 (hardcover)The first volume will be available before Christmas this year.

The books will illustrate many of the badges with front and rear photos. In adddition each badge has an estimated price, obviously valid at time of printing. Thumb-nail histories of the units are also included.

In order to determine the ration of softcover to hardcover I would like to get some feedback from the forum members. Please indicate in the poll which you would prefer.

Clive
Service Publications

Last edited by servicepub; 04-04-12 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added third paragraph
Old 13-08-12, 06:25 PM

I signed off on the proofs over the weekend for Volumes 1 & 2 and expect delivery to my Ottawa warehouse in 6-8 weeks. The books will, literally, be on a slow boat from China.
The specs have changed in that these will be 7 x 9.5 inches as I could reduce the generous margins without reducing the size of the text or images.
There will be 200 hard cover copies and 800 paperback copies for each volume.
I will be accepting orders once the books hit Vancouver and will be able to ship a week after that. Your specialty militaria store may have copies available (Marway, Army Outfitters and a few others are loyal re-sellers) or you can order on-line once I announce their availability.
Cheers,
Clive
Old 13-08-12, 09:05 PM

Looking forward to this offering Clive. Should be all that is needed to get my wife to finally lose her mind and just give up hounding me. LMAO

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca