British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-09-12, 09:44 PM

Default NRASC shoulder title?

Picked up this shoulder title during a recent trip to Belfast: it is blackened cast-brass with integral lugs. My first thought was “Northern Rhodesia Army Service Corps” - can someone confirm this, or otherwise identify it?

Many thanks

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 18-09-12, 09:56 AM

Default NRASC

There was a Northern Rhodesia Army Service Corps. It was only in existance from 1939 to 1940. But I don't know anything else about the unit.

Cannot think of any other unit with those initials. Looks like you have a rare & unusual piece there.

Alan.
Old 18-09-12, 03:19 PM

Hi Alan

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. It isn't something I would normally have looked at, but it was in a dealers button tin and, as you can see, someone took a lot of time making this and that appealed to me. I have the book on the military badges of southern Africa in storage down south, so I guess positive identification will have to wait until I'm next in The Smoke. I'll let you know if I find out any more info.

Best

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 03-10-12, 05:32 PM

Default NRASC

I have one too,identical to yours.Written up in Mark Radfords book Service Before Self.Regards
Old 03-10-12, 07:52 PM

Hi Chingola

I actually have Mark's book - in storage in Twickenham with most of my books. I really must bring them up north ASAP.

Graham
Old 31-10-12, 01:33 AM

Question NRASC

Possibly : Nyasaland & Rhodesian ASC , i have a cloth patch for this corps.

Bob :