British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-11-09, 09:07 AM

Default "A Moment In Time : The British Army",?

Hello All.

I have been asked if I knew of anyone that would like the following title for free: "A Moment In Time : The British Army",? The book will I am sure be a welcolme reference to anyone with an interest in the British Army.

Regards
Arthur

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Last year, I self published a hard cover book, "A Moment In Time : The British Army", in a print run of 250 copies. A number which I knew I could sell, and did so. The book was sold at cost price and I made no money from it, it originating in questions raised to me by professional collegues, with a end result creating the book.

Due to interest from quite a few people wanting the book, I looked at doing another print run of 250, but, since I had to sell the book at A$95 plus tax, and postage, I decided this was inappropriate. So the book was converted from a A3 size production, to the electronic page size of A4. And the text was offered FREE of charge to those interested persons.

Due to copyright reasons, I had removed from the electronic text the 124 photos and 70 drawings that had been in the hardcover. For those interested, a website jam packed full of good quality photos of British vehicles helps fill the need :
plain-military.tripod.com

The text is in the form of a handbook - and a handbook that I would buy. In 456 electronic pages, organised to print out as 228.

Divided into relevent chapters and appendicies, covering from the Queen to current army training text books. The Royal Armoured Corps to the Corps of Army of Music have seperate chapters, with chapters on UK Special Forces (including military parachuting), the Royal Marines (including protecting the Nuclear Deterrent, and the Royal Navy amphibious lift) and Royal Air Force Regiment. Weapon systems, such as tanks, artillery, sniper rifles, radio equipment, military bridging. Unit organisations, of all corps are shown.

A great deal of historical material, and general military trivia. Organisations relating to the Army such as the Warders of The Tower of London, Woman's Voluntary Service, the Royal Bodyguard for Scotland, Cadets, Royal British Legion etc, are included

By this October, some 7,500 copies had now been sent out, and it is up on a number of websites as a permanent download item. And many people have subsequently sent copies on - one gentleman in South Korea informed me with great glee that he had sent 107 copies off to fellow enthusiasts!

For those persons who wish to obtain a copy of the text, please contact me at my home address :

gam47 @ bigpond.com

and I will send a copy to you - as I stated previously FREE of charge. And I have no problems with it being forwarded on to other interested persons.

Due to a great deal of feedback, I have decided to revamp the text into a different format and enhance it with events/actions that have occurred over the past year, this will be ancillery to the main text (now being offered). This I will publish in electronic form, again FREE, having it out sometime in the new year.
Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY
Old 11-11-09, 07:05 PM

I emailed Gordon Angus Mackinlay for a copy of this excellent ebook.

He has asked me to add to this post saying that he is always looking for more people to send the book to, so that he can:

"spread accurate information to rectify the rubbish that is put up on the internet".
Old 11-11-09, 08:55 PM

I was sent the Electronic Version without pictures a while ago, and would indeed like a printed copy with pictures.

e-mail sent

Mike

Wanted Poppy Pins