British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-02-22, 07:42 PM

I was surprised by the prices, I see the printed circular combined operations pair made £410.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
In deed early and rare ... one of the few gaps in my WW2 Commando insignia collection ... but there are 'must have' prices and 'must have' prices as fellow members have commented. I hope the end result is mutually 'happy and agreeable', for vendor and buyer ... and that the deal concludes with integrity.
Old 13-02-22, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
I was surprised by the prices, I see the printed circular combined operations pair made £410.
I agree Frank - that was a very strong price. I wonder if this is a temporary blip in the market. If the buyers are from abroad our exchange rate will influence things, if from home then direct changes in disposable income will hold sway. It is a bit depressing when we have to consider how 'economics' affect the market ... too much like balancing investment against enjoyment and love of research.

Last edited by Mike B; 13-02-22 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling of to should be too
Old 30-03-22, 06:33 PM

Remarkably after approaching nearly 2 months since it was sold the seller still hasn’t received feedback for it.
Old 31-03-22, 06:55 PM

Neither was feedback recieved for the Southern Command sign, No9 commando title and No2 commando title...
Old 03-04-22, 09:02 AM

The main culprit on most of the bidding on this commando badge was bulldogvet in the US. Anyone had him bidding on their stuff? He bid quite a few times and took it to £7,850 but retracted most, if not all his bids anyway.
Old 03-04-22, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Anyone had him bidding on their stuff?
Years ago yes, when he was living in Laon, France.
Old 03-04-22, 04:27 PM

Interesting. Well he lives in North Carolina now. On eBay since 2000, so an early ebayer. Feedbacks currently at 773 so you will see him on the commando title bidding and see all his retractions.