British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

   

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-10-20, 07:36 PM
slick_mick's Avatar
slick_mick slick_mick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,915
Default Royal Lancers - armoured car badge

Here's a great photo of the Royal Lancers armoured car trade badge being worn.

Mick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121657521_1231556847177046_1925018734521510462_n.jpg (41.2 KB, 80 views)
__________________
Looking for Australian military books?

Regimental Books - Australian Unit History specialists

Chasing militaria? I recommend:

Militaria Online - Australian Militaria Sales
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-10-20, 11:18 AM
Robthereiver's Avatar
Robthereiver Robthereiver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_mick View Post
Here's a great photo of the Royal Lancers armoured car trade badge being worn.

Mick
Mick very nice picture, but the correct description for the RL Armoured Car Badge is that of 'Crew Commander', the training for which is obviously a little bit more than it was back in the 9th/12th lancer days for that of 'Crewman'.

Rob
__________________


The older I get ................the better I was !
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-10-20, 12:46 PM
grey_green_acorn's Avatar
grey_green_acorn grey_green_acorn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 4,059
Default

Also interesting that the WO2 is wearing the ‘Crown in Wreath’ badge of rank carried forward from the practice in the 9/12L as the badge worn by all WO2s.

The extract from RL dress regulations also states that for differentiation the RQMS(A) and RQMS(T) will wear a King’s Crown in Wreath.

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3E84F2E2-572B-428C-961A-C587B7F31D0A.jpg (23.1 KB, 14 views)
__________________
"Manui dat cognitio vires - Knowledge gives strength to the arm"
"Better to know it but not need it than to need it and not know it!"
"Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-10-20, 08:52 PM
slick_mick's Avatar
slick_mick slick_mick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robthereiver View Post
Mick very nice picture, but the correct description for the RL Armoured Car Badge is that of 'Crew Commander', the training for which is obviously a little bit more than it was back in the 9th/12th lancer days for that of 'Crewman'.

Rob
Thanks Rob. Nice to know.

Mick
__________________
Looking for Australian military books?

Regimental Books - Australian Unit History specialists

Chasing militaria? I recommend:

Militaria Online - Australian Militaria Sales
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-10-20, 09:39 PM
54Bty's Avatar
54Bty 54Bty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, England
Posts: 5,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn View Post
Also interesting that the WO2 is wearing the ‘Crown in Wreath’ badge of rank carried forward from the practice in the 9/12L as the badge worn by all WO2s.

The extract from RL dress regulations also states that for differentiation the RQMS(A) and RQMS(T) will wear a King’s Crown in Wreath.

Tim
Find that one in anodised aluminium!

Marc
__________________
I am still looking for the Army Unit sleeve badges from the Sultanate of Oman.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.