British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-11-13, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
Thanks for the tip Brian! I'll definitely be warning my mate!
It's a shame really. That looked to be an interesting and informative source.

Of course if you bear in mind what has been said and do the monthly payment by direct debit then you can cancel it with your bank, by telephone and confirmed in writing, after a month. That way they can't take any more funds from you. Any that they do manage to take without your permission would be immediately refunded under the direct debit scheme guarantee.

With sites like this who are identified as potentially being a bit dodgy with money but still useful for research I think the thing to do is dot the i's, cross the t's and make sure you print out a copy of each and every agreement you make with them and any correspondence between you.

It could well be that they're just not very good at admin but are still a useful research site.

I'd try getting a few more opinions on the site too because sometimes rumours are started which aren't necessarily true but are designed to hurt a site because of something else which someone has disagreed with.
Old 17-11-13, 04:31 PM

It's funny you mention that actually. Someone over on the GWF warned me off, firstly because he reckons it's not the fella I'm after and secondly it's not a great resource in the first place. Scant enough info etc.
Old 17-11-13, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
It's funny you mention that actually. Someone over on the GWF warned me off, firstly because he reckons it's not the fella I'm after and secondly it's not a great resource in the first place. Scant enough info etc.
If they're saying it at the GWF then I would take the hint seriously. There's a lot of very clever people over there.
Old 17-11-13, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar100 View Post
If they're saying it at the GWF then I would take the hint seriously. There's a lot of very clever people over there.
Yep, that's the plan now. I'll talk to my mate tomorrow and let him know.