British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-07-08, 12:13 AM
Banned

that is twice people have mentioned the URSUALS and CLINES shows how much the list has been viewed.
E.G EURSUAL is not on the list gents YET and as TANYA is carrying on with both the ebay sight and the main home page sight in a great fashion this oversight should be rectified before any lower level dealers are considered

http://www.medalsofwar.com/
Old 09-07-08, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbear View Post
that is twice people have mentioned the URSUALS and CLINES shows how much the list has been viewed.
E.G EURSUAL is not on the list gents YET and as TANYA is carrying on with both the ebay sight and the main home page sight in a great fashion this oversight should be rectified before any lower level dealers are considered

http://www.medalsofwar.com/
Lower level dealers?
Old 09-07-08, 01:20 AM
Banned

By the way SERVICEPUB is one of the unknown great book publisher here on the forum who has done great things for the hobby with his many well researched military books such as Kahki UNIFORMS of the CEF and other books of the series. Perhaps Clive you could provide a URL to a pubs list
and get you on this list well deserved.

http://www.servicepub.com/serv-pub.html

Last edited by guest_000; 09-07-08 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-07-08, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbear View Post
By the way SERVICEPUB is one of the unknown great book publisher here on the forum who has done great things for the hobby with his many well researched military books such as Kahki UNIFORMS of the CEF and other books of the series. Perhaps Clive you could provide a URL to a pubs list
and get you on this list well deserved.

http://www.servicepub.com/serv-pub.html
Thanks Paul,

My website is http://www.servicepub.com
Old 09-07-08, 02:08 PM

Default Tanya Ursual - MEDALSOFWAR

When I started this thread I had intended to ask the administrator to post two dealers on the site - Jamie/Wayne and Tanya/Gene. somehow I "screwed"
up and missed asking about Tanya/Gene - so THANKS Paul Bear for pointing this out.!
Mr Administrator- could MedalsOfWar "Tayna Ursual" be included in the dealer list.
I know many dealers that maintain sites on the net, most are very reputable, honest and are safe to deal with. I consider Jamie and Tanya to be the best of the best! Please keep in mind - this is just my opinion - I am not intending to slight anyone or disagree with anyone elses recommendation.

Larry
Old 09-07-08, 02:10 PM

I'm going to bow out of the Conversation now about Lou, as Paul, I really feel you are out of line. I'm sure if you were to count the number of shows Lou has attended in the last year, compared to how many you have been too, there would be a huge difference in Lou's favour. You really don't need to be a super-duper Ebay seller, or have a great upto date website, to be a great/honest seller.

I really feel that you are just feeling this way about Lou from his repsonse in the 'other' forum when he didn't agree with you on a post.

But enough said, Paul you're a good friend of ours, thats why I'm dropping the topic as I want to try to keep our realtionship on the good side.

Jaime
Old 09-07-08, 02:33 PM

I think the intent of the dealer recommendation is to provide the rest of the badge collecting fraternity with a list of dealers that are above reproach and that when you deal with them you are getting genuine goods. If there is ever a problem you also know that it will be resolved right away in your favor. I,ve dealt with both the Ursual's and Lou Grimshaw and they both fit into this mold. The Ursual's have a terrific website for Canadian badges that is kept current. I can say I'm not a real fan of Lou's website but I do get his catalogs and I enjoy getting them ... reading them.. and using them for reference. They also both carry a large inventory of badges. I'd put them both on.... P.S... Clive Law is a terrific resource and author... thanks Jim a
Old 10-07-08, 08:13 AM
Administrator

ok added the two others

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/badge_dealer_list.htm

Equal to it being a list of sources of material for purchase, is that of a source for reference and valuation.

It would be great to get a couple of dealers each from South Africa, Australia and New Zealand in there too. I think we would then have created an important web page (although simple in struture).
Old 10-07-08, 05:56 PM
Banned

Mike I would like to see CLIVE M.LAW of SERVICE PUBs also listed as noted above. He is an author and Canada's most prolithic publisher of military collector and researcher related books in CANADA and abroad. He is internationally known and respected through is many pubs.

http://www.servicepub.com
Old 10-07-08, 09:53 PM

Louis Grimshaw IMO should be on the list. I agree that his site may not be updated as often as other sites, and ther is not a huge offering there, HOWEVER. In honesty and integrity, Louis is the top 2% IMO.

He does attend most of the shows, this is a real plus for me because if I am looking for a particular piece and I find it at Louis' table, I am very confident it is a good piece. Also Louis is one of those fellows I know I can take something to for an honest evaluation. If he knows its bad, he will tell me not only that it is, but why its a bad piece.

Further to his site, if you email him asking about a piece you are looking for, he will reply quickly. IMO another one of the good guys.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 10-07-08, 11:13 PM

Hi Clifford...a bit late. It's already done. Better luck next time and hoping you'll make the Etobicoke show in September.
Cheers
Jo
Old 10-07-08, 11:16 PM

Thanks Jo. You know me well enough to know that I have always been a little late

I do hope to make the Etobicoke Show. I was hoping to attend Carl's show in Orillia on July 20th but it being a Sunday and so far from home, I may have to regretably pass on it.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 10-07-08, 11:22 PM

Clifford just make sure your frig..... boss doesn't make you work on a saturday.
Jo
Old 05-02-09, 12:36 PM

Default Chris Brooker on the dealer list!!

Chris Brooker needs to be on the forum "Dealer list", This man has dedicated his life to researching the military badges of the British commonwealth. He is also an auctioneer and dealer who lives in Renton,Washington,USA. I have known him many years,and I believe him to be an honest man who has a favorable Ebay feedback of well over 10,000 deals. If you have had favorable dealings with him,then write to the forum webmaster,recommending Chris for inclusion on the forum dealer list.
Old 05-02-09, 01:42 PM

I already wrote to him (04/02) to ask him to have a look at the forum and maybe join us. I'm sure his knowledge of Canadian ,British and al, would be greatly appreciated by fellow members.
I'm waiting to see if he will answer my email.
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.