British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-01-16, 08:26 PM

Default WELSH RAMC

Just a few badges and s/t that maybe of interest to some members.

Aim is to get the cap badge and s/t to go with the Welsh Hospital brass buttons, although know it's going to cost a lot to get them though !!!

Ninian Park is a part of Cardiff (for those who follow football it also used to be the name of Cardiff City ground), the school where it was based is still there today.

Jonathan.

DSC00703 (1).jpgDSC00708 (1).jpgDSC00721 (1).jpgP9300003.jpg
Old 31-01-16, 08:57 PM

Here's my offering for the Welsh Hospital. A mixed lot admittedly as i have always understood my button and those shown by Jonathan to belong to the 1st World War era unit, the envelope and medal belong to the Boer War period unit.

The envelope was sent from the Welsh Hospital at sometime in 1900 but i cannot clearly make out the postmark, embossed on the rear to the Welsh Hospital.

The medal is to a Civil Orderly in the Welsh Hospital, one of only 14 orderlies on the roll and one of 8 for the clasp combination.

Hwyl,

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04508.jpg (56.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04512.jpg (17.5 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by 41st; 31-01-16 at 09:15 PM.
Old 31-01-16, 10:20 PM

Kevin.

Same badge and button were worn in both SA and WW1.

As you know was originally formed by a Professor at the CRI (Cardiff Royal Infermary) but later handed over to the military.

Here a picture of the full set cap badge, s/t (yes it is a shoulder title), buttons ( wish they were in the in the collection) of the CO given to town museum in the 1920's (25 or 26 can't remember which).

Jonathan

img677.jpg
Old 31-01-16, 10:26 PM

Jonathan,

I have been told that there was a difference in the buttons, whether pattern or manufacturer I don't know. I do have the full history of the unit with numbers served etc.for Boer War, but nothing much for 1st WW.

Hwyl,

Kevin
Old 01-02-16, 08:02 AM

Some cracking pieces up there Jonathan, Kevin.

I have the cap badge and the buttons and did have a QSA to an orderly as well before I sold it (regretted it ever since). He had the strange name of Le Jenkins. I'll post the badge when I dig it out.