British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-11-21, 09:15 PM

No. 53 is from Kenya.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 17-11-21, 12:07 AM

Default #30

The close up confirms. The letters "PW" (in a stylised vertical position) was the Polish phrase "Polska Walczla" which translates "Fighting Poland". Worn by Poles who jumped into Poland to assist the underground.

Again, judging by the size in relation to other badges in the photo, I would guess it is a lapel pin for a veteran's organization.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that #54 is pilot's wing for a Middle Eastern country, possibly Jordan (royal crown in a wreath, shield divided into four sections, maybe black, red, white and green and a seven point star). Somehow that jogs a memory.

Ian
The day the government succeeds in taking away our dress uniforms, badges and colours, and all the so called "non-functional" items; they will find themselves with an army that cannot defend them. Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"

Last edited by Ian B; 17-11-21 at 12:15 AM. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 17-11-21, 06:48 AM

I have seen a few comments that 45 was also worn on the forage cap, maybe somebody who knows the Wiltshire Regiment insignia can confirm.
Old 17-11-21, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the info about number 11 Marc. I am intrigued that it is not uncommon for this badge to be unidentified. Number 38 could well be US airforce as you suggested although it just appears to be the design across the centre without text.
Old 17-11-21, 10:05 AM

Thanks for identifying number 53 as Kenyan Graham. Very helpful.
Old 17-11-21, 10:15 AM

Ian B thank you for your very detailed comments about the Polish para qualification lapel pin. The fact that you have said it is for a veterans organisation helps me a lot. As for number 54 being possibly Jordanian air force I thought I recognized the crown shape from somewhere in the middle east so I think you are on to something there. Thanks again.
Old 25-11-21, 03:46 PM

Hi Everyone

Just to thank members again for identifying so many of my unknown badges.
On my original photos at the start of the thread numbers 3,5 and especially 20 remain unidentified. Can anyone else help? Thanks.

Tags
badges help, identifying badges, unknown badge