British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Colonial Police and Paramilitary Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-11-20, 07:56 PM

Default Help translating Cyrenaica Police collar numbers from Eastern Arabic

Good evening

I’ve just picked up these two photos of members of the Cyrenaica Police (Gendarmerie?) dated to around Libyan independence in 1951, can anyone please help with translating the Eastern Arabic collar numbers? The original prints are 3 ½” x 2 ½”, I took these at work with the iPad so there may be loss of image quality.

The constable with the lance(?) appears to be “323”, whilst the sergeant appears to be “310”, can anyone confirm these or give the correct numbers if I'm wrong?

As always any help will be gratefully received.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.