British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-07-15, 01:01 PM

Default Some new cadet force badges

During the last few weeks I have been at various military training camps whilst cadet unit camps have been taking place. Due to the CEP (Cadet Expansion Programme) which started a couple of years since with the aim of introducing Combined Cadet Force units into a target of 100 state schools and academies there has been a massive expansion of the CCF and with it loads of new CCF arm badges. In addition with the introduction of the MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern) to cadet forces, a lot of ACF counties have taken the opportunity to redesign their county arm badges. here are a few that I have seen recently, apologies for the quality, they were taken on my phone.
1) Woodbridge School CCF - affiliated Royal Anglian Regiment
2) Beccles Free School CCF - affiliated Royal Anglian Regiment
3) Saxmundham Free School CCF - affiliated Royal Anglian Regiment
4)Cumbria ACF
5) Merseyside ACF - interestingly this badge is embroidered into the blanking plate rather than sewn onto the blanking plate. I was informed that these are embroidered directly into the blanking plate by a local lady who has a tailoring/alterations shop at a cost of £5 each.
I have acquired some actual examples of other cadet badges which I will post on a separate thread.
PL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 176.jpg (108.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 177.jpg (117.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 178.jpg (89.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 183.jpg (111.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 184.jpg (117.1 KB, 38 views)