British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-10-14, 03:32 AM

Hi Clive,

Very true about trusting museum displays, Dwayne H caught this display error for the Officer earlier in this thread.

Mike
Old 30-10-14, 03:52 AM

I reread this entire thread which was started in 2008 and what stood out was how little I knew about collecting in my early stages...I was truly a rookie.

Thankfully, since my original posting my knowledge base has expanded considerably for the Chaudière, this is in large part to many great conversations and insights gleamed from fellow collectors, some great reference material I have purchased (plug to Service Publications as many have been purchased here), sourcing archival documents from the LAC and the Chaudière Museum and having some great conversations with surviving Chaudière veterans.

I am by no means an expert for the Chaudière, but seeing how I have evolved from when I initially joined this Forum to now I am thankful for the patience and help many here and elsewhere have provided...it is a testament to what many continually espouse "invest in good research resources". It has definitely helped prevent me from making some bad purchases.

What keeps me engaged for collecting and researching the Chaudière has been on learning as much as I could for the memory of my Grandfather and what he did during the SWW. This has been one powerful motivator and is a big passion in my life!

Mike
Old 30-10-14, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Mike, Your comments hit a resonance with my experience. Having collected for over 30 years, it was only in the last decade that the research and reference material has completely changed the hobby. Before then most insignia information was based on Collectors' Conventional Wizdumb. Looking back, one can find far too many examples of fanciful explanations/stories purporting to explain the history and reasons for the existence of insignia. Since then there has been volumes of excellent research on a wide range of military collectibles. The chaff is being separated from the wheat. Those truly interested in assembling an authentic collection, whatever it may be, now have a solid base of reference material and resources.
Old 01-09-17, 02:14 PM

I was lucky to get this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-1-2017 10-03-54 AM.jpg (118.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-12-20, 03:13 PM

Default Unknown Shoulder Title

Good day,

I would like to have any opinion on this unknown shoulder title.

Best regards
Ben from France
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image (17).jpg (55.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Image (18).jpg (70.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 18-01-21, 06:30 PM

Nobody for my request about my unknown shoulder title?

Best regards
Ben from France

Tags
chaudière, patch, shoulder title