British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-18, 10:13 AM

Default Help badging a jacket

Morning All,

I've just picked up this jacket and would like to badge it up in a way a relative would have worn it but don't know what I need. He was a Stoker just before WW1.

I know this jacket is completely the wrong era but was thinking if I did it with modern badges correct to the jacket they would be easier and cheaper to source whilst still being a nod to him.

According to his record he was a stoker class 2, class 1 and leading stoker. Going off the dates I'm guessing leading stoker is the highest rank so that's the badge I'm want to use and I'm also going to put 2 good conduct badges on to match his record.

I can see on this jacket where the tombstone badge goes but there also seems to have been a single shoulder title removed from the opposite sleeve. Is that correct (as in just one needed)?

Do I need any other badges and should they be red thread or gold?

Thanks for the help,

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180507_105553.jpg (49.3 KB, 58 views)