British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-02-11, 11:31 PM

Default Order of Precedence, Corps of Military Police

I'm interested to note that in the Army Lists for the Second World War period, the CMP is not given in the introductory 'Order of Precedence' page, and is listed in the main body of the text as pretty much way down the pecking order. I'd therefore be interested to know the official position in the Order of Precedence, as well as the reason for it's omission in the Army List Order.

Any help gratefully received!
Peter
Old 06-08-11, 09:39 AM

Peter,

I will need to undertake some research - I do know the man who prepares the Corps Warrants concerning Orders of Precedence for HM The Queen's approval and I will see what he has in the Archives. What I can tell you now is that in the 1983 Corps Warrant, RMP was listed as follows: RAChD, RCT, RAMC, RAOC. REME, CRMP RAPC, RAVC, MPSC, RAEC, RADC, RPC, INT CCRPS, APTC, ACC, ALC, QARANC, WRAC. With the advent of the Adjutant General's Corps (AGC) RMP, as part of the 'Provost Branch', came after the Staff & Personal Support Branch (SPS) because, whilst RMP was senior to the RAPC (which formed part of the new SPS Branch) the SPS alos 'acquired' the seniority and antecedence of the elements of the All Arms Clerks that were transferred across & the RE & RAOC Staff Clerks. I will revert as to your query about the Army Lists for the 2WW period albeit those are not definitive authorities for the Order of Precedence as the Corps Warrant is.