British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-05-19, 10:08 AM

Default BoB

Having heard the merits of these two books being sung on the forum I was very pleased to find the high tide had at last washed my copies up on a Queensland beach. Shame I needed a forklift truck to get them into the house!

I don't think I've been so impressed by a book since the original Kipling & King came out all those years ago. Most recent books have merely rehashed preceding works with little new research, but Jon has gone to great depths to dig out new material, and verify, or correct old wife's tales. For once I feel confident that what I am reading is correct.

Thanks Jon, a truly first class achievement.

Stephen.
Old 02-05-19, 05:11 AM

Stephen,
Well said! Digesting all that will keep you out of trouble for months to come! I'll be back on the Gold Coast 4 Jul - 14 Aug 19 and will make concerted effort to get up your way. Mike
Old 03-05-19, 10:07 AM

Great stuff Jon, arrived today, I've got some late night reading there for many moons. Well done.

Next problem of course is what goes from the already over full book shelves to make room for them!

Keith
Old 03-05-19, 01:41 PM

Keith,

Many thanks for letting me know. Make sure that you reinforce the cleared shelves.

Jon