British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 26-12-11, 08:44 AM

Ray,

I my view the Dutch commando is wearing a printed No 10 commando title. Uncut they are quite big and depending how it was cut it can have a larger appearance. This conforms also to the badge regulations of no2 Dutch troop of No 10 I-A commando.

Cheers

JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray6930 View Post
Gentlemen
According the Peter's book (Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939-1948), First Commando Brigade was worn 1944/5 Headquarters only. Maybe that would be a suggestion as to why there would be few, if any, photographs of its being worn?

The picture of a Dutch Commando on page 63 of his book shows a very long looking shoulder title - it seems longer & narrower than that of the No 10 COMMANDO title worn by the Belgian Commando on same page.

Even with a magnifying glass I cannot make out the lettering or word grouping - and my knowledge of the titles is not good enough to know whether another title would 'fit'.

Perhaps Peter is the best person to ask (or even offer photographic evidence of) in respect of the wearing of this title. His book certainly suggests that it is NOT a fantasy title.

Compliments of the Season
Yours Aye
Ray
Old 30-12-11, 07:41 PM

Here's a picture of the title I used to own. Sold it earlier this year.
Cheers,
Pieter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0024.jpg (15.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0025.jpg (19.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 30-12-11, 08:27 PM

Default First Commando Brigade

And yet another example - fortunately not sold!
First Cdo Bde.01.jpg First Cdo Bde.02.jpg