British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-08-16, 01:31 PM

Default British Army kit list 1982

Hi Guys,

As a few of you may know, I am putting together a Falklands kit for an RAPC Sergeant in the falklands, however I'm going to use it generically on occasions for Paras etc. with a change of beret etc. as a display for my office to go along with my berets, etc.

So I have all the webbing, an amazing quality S6 (Top man Jon!), and a few other bits, but can anyone point me towards a full list of webbing and kit that someone in the Falklands would have had? I've been looking but nothing seems to give a complete list, guessing obviously some of it is personal etc. (been after an Argentinian beret or flag to add to the display too).

I'm rather enjoying the hunt for finding all these things

So short question, list of kit carried in the Falklands in 1982 by a general Infantry soldier/para please

Tom
Old 25-08-16, 01:34 PM

Years ago there was a Falklands era kit layout, even down to the sweets in the rations, in Militaria Magazine.

With any luck someone can scan it for you?
Old 25-08-16, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up
Old 25-08-16, 03:07 PM

[IMG][/IMG]Hi Tom you could try looking on the forces 80 web site, here are a couple of photos on their Facebook page
http://forces80.com/ there might be a lay out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F 80 1.jpg (102.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg f 80 2.jpg (95.4 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by Loski; 25-08-16 at 03:46 PM.
Old 25-08-16, 03:38 PM

Default RM Battle Order Falklands war

Try this for starters - 30 seconds on "search" produced it:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...erlay&first=1i
Old 25-08-16, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
Try this for starters - 30 seconds on "search" produced it:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...erlay&first=1i
I saw that but unfortunately it doesn't give me any real detail.
Old 25-08-16, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loski View Post
[IMG][/IMG]Hi Tom you could try looking on the forces 80 web site, here are a couple of photos on their Facebook page
http://forces80.com/ there might be a lay out there.
That's more in the right direction I can start to decide what bits I need for the display
Old 25-08-16, 05:12 PM

Default Falklands Kit Circa 1982

Hello Tom,
Never, never be surprised at what you might find in the Sonoran sands of the Arizona Territory. While the primary focus of my collection lies, and still resides with the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces at the Battle of Arnhem, I was in my prime years of collecting on 1 April 1982.

As I’m certain you already know, and have indicated, the Falklands were more or less a Parachute Regiment and Royal Marine Commando operation. Not forgetting the Guards or the Gurkhas. The photograph of the Royal’s kit (that Mike Jackson has already provided) which appeared a few years ago in the Daily Mail is a classic display. If you need either an enlargement or a detailed identification of any of the items please let me know. You may also know that Dragon Models Ltd. produced a 1:6 scale 2 Para military miniature figure in “FULL GEAR – EXTREME”, which equals, and in some respects exceeds even the Daily Mail kit display. Not certain as to current availability, but it was their Item No. 70111, introduced in 2004. Detail photographs of the figure and contents are available on the Internet (just checked).

Fortunately I was able to have the interest, time, and resources, to acquire un-issued, out of depot, the real items. So if you have any questions regarding authenticity or operational use, I probably can help you. Apologies do not have consumables, i.e. rations, etc., other than ammunition. The only major compromise was an equivalent to the 7.62mm L1A1, had to “settle” for a match grade 7.62mm FN/FAL LAR. Although not a combat uniform you might be interested in the following; http://arnhemjim.blogspot.com/search...&by-date=false .

Regards,
Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory
Old 25-08-16, 05:25 PM

Quote-the Falklands were more or less a Parachute Regiment and Royal Marine Commando operation. Not forgetting the Guards or the Gurkhas-unquote
What about the support service's RE, REME, ACC, RAOC, SAS, BLUES & ROYALS, NAVY, RAF ETC. Do I need to go on?? Without them I don't think the others would have done such a great job.

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 25-08-16, 06:07 PM

Default Falklands Kit Circa 1982

To All,
Apologies! Profuse Apologies! Not in anyway intended to disparage or diminish. Intent was to indicate the fact that unfortunate as the length and breath of the real effort was, it was the Paras and the RM Cdo ("pointy end gets the press") who seemed to capture the bulk of the world media at the time, thanks to Max Hastings et al. I'm not a politician, and in today's strictly P.C. world, words matter! You forgot the Royal Army Pay Corps, and perhaps one of the most important to the chaps that were there at the time, the "Red and Green Life Machine" of Surgeon-Captain Richard 'Rick' Jolly OBE Royal Navy medical officer, and the Royal Army Medical Corps.
Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory

Last edited by Arnhemjim; 25-08-16 at 06:24 PM.
Old 25-08-16, 06:41 PM

Thanks everyone, once I get my stuff together, I will post up pictures, I have a bit but the pictures etc so far show me a bit of what I need to get for the display.

T
Old 26-08-16, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr9266 View Post
Quote-the Falklands were more or less a Parachute Regiment and Royal Marine Commando operation. Not forgetting the Guards or the Gurkhas-unquote
What about the support service's RE, REME, ACC, RAOC, SAS, BLUES & ROYALS, NAVY, RAF ETC. Do I need to go on?? Without them I don't think the others would have done such a great job.
No mention of the RCT then ???
Maybe I should keep my list of equipment that "Should" be carried by soldiers during ops.

CEMO (Complete Equipment Marching Order) Webbing
and
CEFO (Complete Equipment "Field" Order) Webbing & Back Pack

Wherever you went, we (in the RCT) were very close by, ............ closer than you thought.

A thank you, sometimes helps, but in this case, I am very distrested, ....... please guys, check & look at your history books before you open your mouths

Jerry, Guys, ........ ????

RCT Fleet, Maritime Sir Galahad !! ummmmm and also St Tristran, .......... MEXIFLOATS !!!!

FBK

Last edited by Fatboy Ken; 26-08-16 at 10:19 PM.
Old 26-08-16, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsoldier View Post
Thanks everyone, once I get my stuff together, I will post up pictures, I have a bit but the pictures etc so far show me a bit of what I need to get for the display.

T
Unknownsoldier,

I can send you a list that we held as a "Corps" RCT of which all soldiers would be expected to carry in the event of war (BAOR) this was standard CES (Combat Equipment Schedule) for Germany. And trust me it was actually "STANDARD" equipment for the British Soldier in the 1980's, whether in Germany, NI or Falklands.

The RAPC would have been no different from the RCT, Airborne or Normal.

Ken (The Fatboy)
Old 26-08-16, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsoldier View Post
Hi Guys,

As a few of you may know, I am putting together a Falklands kit for an RAPC Sergeant in the falklands, however I'm going to use it generically on occasions for Paras etc. with a change of beret etc. as a display for my office to go along with my berets, etc.

So I have all the webbing, an amazing quality S6 (Top man Jon!), and a few other bits, but can anyone point me towards a full list of webbing and kit that someone in the Falklands would have had? I've been looking but nothing seems to give a complete list, guessing obviously some of it is personal etc. (been after an Argentinian beret or flag to add to the display too).

I'm rather enjoying the hunt for finding all these things

So short question, list of kit carried in the Falklands in 1982 by a general Infantry soldier/para please

Tom
HI ,I will dig around and see what I can find in my lock up, yes military history did a feature on Falklands british kit but the absolute best was I think done in ` RAIDS` magazine they did a superb thread on uniforms and equipment fully color photo recreations just like what the french `militaria` magazine style BUT with respect I dont think it was their magazine ?? may be wrong .

Never new A.P.C ` Went south` on the operation ? bit obvious really - soldiers need paying infact I think that would make an interesting story who held the money , how much there was , where was it stored ??? be a nice medal group too .....
Old 26-08-16, 10:37 PM

Darling girlfriend just mentioned a point its not the FALKLANDS WAR it was a conflict ??? its only a war if Britain declared war is this true ????