British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-12-08, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default Small RCA S2a

A cross-over question with the Mazeas string. http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ead.php?t=4477

Mazeas lists S2a as a mb (metal blanc) badge. The only examples I have seen are brass. Follow up question. Was the small badge only worn on the beret? Or was it worn on other headdress? The khaki field service cap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010023.jpg (35.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 18-12-08, 07:35 PM

Two good questions - no good answers.
I've seen examples in gilt & bronze, but not white metal.
As to who wore them - I've talked to a handful of RCA vets over the years & none of them were aware of the small badge; they'd never heard of it. One suggestion was it may have been RCHA.
I have also seen these still on the Scully card, packaged in pairs. Maybe they were being worn as sleeve badges or something? Whatever the usage was, it carried on after the war. I'm pretty certain I used to have a small pattern QC badge.
Old 18-12-08, 09:33 PM

I have seen the small badges worn on the rectangular belt buckles. I do not know the exact dates that these were worn - k/c versus q/c. I know that the q/c was worn as a belt buckle badge, and as a cap badge.

Phil
Old 19-12-08, 01:54 AM

I would echo Phillip's response, having worn one in QC on the rectangular web belt buckle in 1958.
Wyn