British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-05-12, 01:47 PM

Default Koyli Badges with extra long lugs.

Hi can anyone please tell me what the Koyli badges are used for in the enclosed scans, they have what can only be described as extra long lugs.
Is it possible they are belt/pouch badges with the extra length of lugs to go through leather etc. Any help appreciated. Andy.

Last edited by yorkie; 29-01-15 at 11:08 AM.
Old 14-05-12, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
Hi can anyone please tell me what the Koyli badges are used for in the enclosed scans, they have what can only be described as extra long lugs.
Is it possible they are belt/pouch badges with the extra length of lugs to go through leather etc. Any help appreciated. Andy.
They are cap badges.WW2 period I belive although stand to be corrected on their date of issue and wear. The KOYLI has been my "family regiment" since before the 1914-18 war and as such I have always had an interest in the regiment. I have over the years, had many WW2 period khaki sidehats bearing this pattern of cap badge.

PL

Tags
belt, koyli, long lugs, pouch