British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-01-18, 02:13 PM

Default A winters tale. Mr Scrooge and Oliver Twist.

Paid £84.10 with PAYPAL on 11 Dec, 2017 09:47 GMT for items

and this is the response I received for asking the seller to combine postage from one of the forum members.

Sent:10-Dec-17

Chris : Hi please combine p/p many thanks chris

Ebay Sellers reply : Cant do it . Ebay automaticallly produces invoices . The only way to do it is refund after youve paid
-----------------

Sent:11-Dec-17 09:57
Chris : Hi no probs paying now chris
Ebay Sellers reply : Thanks. I dont have a desktop so cant produce an invoice anymore.
-----------------
-----------------
Sent:11-Dec-17 11:15
Chris : Hi **** what does that mean, no refund? Chris
Ebay Sellers reply : It means you cant combine postage. Each item is automatically invoiced by ebay not me.
-----------------

-----------------
Chris : I did suggest that the seller could put a £5 refund in the envelope with the badges.
-----------------
-----------------
Sent:14-Dec-17 14:33
Ebay Sellers reply : If your not happy Chris,send the badges back and ill refund all your money. Youll find if you look in the T&Cs ,combining postage is a courtesy not a right.

If you want to keep them,fine. Ill send you a part refund when i get home which will be Saturday afternoon at the earliest. However,from today, do not try and bid on any of my items. If you do and win the transaction will be cancelled.

EBAY produce the invoice NOT me. When i had a desktop i could access the sale and send my own. From a phone you cant do that,which i explained to you.
-----------------

Chris : Negative Feedback left for seller and it was removed but here it is "Postage negative, communication negative, badges positive , posting of items positive. "

-----------------
Sent:22-Dec-17 18:25
Ebay Sellers reply : I suggest you remove feedback comments Chris or ill trash you. Your comments are unfair. I messaged you back and you didnt reply . So how am i supposed to know what you want to do . How can i send a refund if you dont tell me what your going to do ?
-----------------
-----------------
Sent:22-Dec-17 18:28
Ebay Sellers reply : You also still didnt listen to what i told regarding invoices. And how do you know your sacred refund is not in the post ?
-----------------
-----------------
Sent:22-Dec-17 18:30

Ebay Sellers reply : You have 24hrs to get it sorted out .
-----------------
-----------------
Sent:22-Dec-17 18:32
Ebay Sellers reply : Actually forget it.
-----------------

Date: 23/12/2017
Ebay Sellers reply : How f****** childish Chris.I notice you have emailed it not put it on ebay for them to see. It was really decent of you to reply ,obviously you feel your in the right well to be honest i couldnt give a f*** what you think .You are a sad individual who seems to think money can buy influence.

I think ill have a tantrum and take my website down cos im not getting enough positive comments. It seems you are talking about yourself.
Unfortunately ,the post i put on the forum has been taken dowm ,it was read by 50 people at least. So thats an addition to those who already know what your like .
--

Chris : The last time I looked it was still up.

---
My eBay: Combined Payments and Postage Discounts
P&P discounts for multiple item purchases
Buyers will save on P&P costs with combined postage discounts when they buy more than one item from you. For this to work you’ll need to allow combined payments.
Combined payments Help on combined payments
Buyers can make a single payment for all items purchased from me within 30 days.
Edit combined payments
Combined postage discounts Help on combined postage discounts

Flat-rate postage rule Help on flat-rate postage rule
-Not specified-
Create flat-rate postage rule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promotional postage rule (applies to all listings) Help on promotional postage rule
-Not specified-
Create promotional postage rule

---

Last edited by chris cunniffe; 05-01-18 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-01-18, 02:19 PM

I really dont follow the above.

Its very unclear who is saying what to who.

I dont really know why you wrote it here anyway.

sorry

(PS - I am not the other person and have no idea who it is)

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 05-01-18, 05:17 PM

Hes having a moan because an ebay seller wouldnt meet his discount demands . Apparently, various other ebay sellers have had similar demands made of them . £59 on £251 worth of badges. "Take it or leave it" .
He also fails to mention that ebay found in favour of the seller and removed his comments . If he was in the right then ebay would have found in his favour not the sellers.
Its not often that ebay find in favour of the seller rather than the buyer. The ebay verdict speaks a thousand words to me as whose in the right and whose in the wrong.

Last edited by Mike H; 05-01-18 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-01-18, 05:47 PM

It’s really no hardship to add multiple items from one seller to you cart.
Usually that way postage fees are automatically combined.

I have rarely found (maybe twice in a thousand transactions) that sellers price an item low, but then add an unfairly expensive postage fee.

Seeing as this has been posted here - Perhaps the seller should be given the right of reply?
Old 05-01-18, 05:49 PM

I know nothing about the background to this case or the people involved but I can feel the frustration emanating from this Forum member!

To some extent I share that frustration as there are a lot of sellers on ebay (and elsewhere I might add) who see postage and packing charges as another means of increasing their profit margin either by excessive charges or by refusing to discount p&p charges when several items could plainly go for the cost of one.

To me the answer is fairly simple; firstly, in the case of obviously excessive charges don't buy and secondly, if a polite request for a p&p discount is refused then purchase but don't give them any further custom.

I recently wanted to buy a single button (cost £15.00) from a very well-known dealer's website. When I got to the checkout the p&p price was £8.00 to the UK. Needless to say I backtracked, didn't buy and that dealer has lost my custom, probably for ever.

I think the point here is to keep calm and keep the moral high ground and not to get involved in a slanging match either on ebay or this Forum.

Roger
Old 05-01-18, 07:48 PM

Just to let you all know,hes crying over £5 maximum
Old 05-01-18, 08:25 PM

Sadly, nobody wants to actually pay for delivery these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
Just to let you all know,hes crying over £5 maximum
Old 05-01-18, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Sadly, nobody wants to actually pay for delivery these days!
I don't mind paying for delivery including postage and a reasonable charge for packing and so on but in the case I mentioned above, I think charging £8.00 to send a single button within the UK is taking the mickey when a 1st class, Large Letter can be sent 'Signed For' at a cost of £2.08! How can the extra £5.92 be justified?

Surely genuine business expenses and so on should be costed into the price of the item sold not added onto the price of p&p as a 'handling' charge.

Other online militaria businesses charge a far more realistic rate for post and packing and accordingly they get my custom.

Roger
Old 05-01-18, 09:12 PM

Cool Combined postage

I always ask before bidding if discount can be obtained, most sellers knock a bit off the price and if they say no I bid less.

Postage from the UK is expensive and when you are selling a badge for £5-8 the price of the postage often doubles the cost.

Rob
Old 05-01-18, 09:23 PM

Chris,if your going to tell a story. Tell the truth,did you not demand 15-20 mins after the auction had finished a discount . When the reply didnt suit you,you waited 12 hrs approx before you paid . And the situation regarding invoicing explained to you ?
Is that the truth or is it a.lie ? Before you answer the seller has all the messages saved .So dont give half a story tell it from the beginnimg.
Old 06-01-18, 02:59 PM

I have never asked for discounts. Ever. If I am after a badge and it comes up for sale, I will bid for it. One ebay seller had a number of Norfolk single collar badges on offer, I bid and I won the five, then the Richard Head wanted UKP5.00 per badge to send them to OZ on top of the postage.
I asked him if he had a problem putting all the badges in to one packet?
How much effort is it.
He never replied. Thick.
He is still the proud owner of the five badges.
I have paid for postage from the UK to OZ UKP2.80 to UKP 11.00 FOR ONE BADGE.
Why?
Regards Terry
Old 06-01-18, 03:27 PM

If bidding on more than 1 item from a seller ,I Collect other things apart from badges I always ask if they will combine postage in most cases the answer is yes If they say no and I want the items I insist they are sent under separate postage/cover as I have paid for this and consider this as part of the ''contract '' between buyer and seller
David
Old 06-01-18, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rayner View Post
I have never asked for discounts. Ever. If I am after a badge and it comes up for sale, I will bid for it. One ebay seller had a number of Norfolk single collar badges on offer, I bid and I won the five, then the Richard Head wanted UKP5.00 per badge to send them to OZ on top of the postage.
I asked him if he had a problem putting all the badges in to one packet?
How much effort is it.
He never replied. Thick.
He is still the proud owner of the five badges.
I have paid for postage from the UK to OZ UKP2.80 to UKP 11.00 FOR ONE BADGE.
Why?
Regards Terry
Its over simplistic to say that you've paid postage from the UK to Aust. £2.80 to £11 for one badge and ask Why? The answer is simple. The value of the badge dictates the method of postage. If the badge is valued at say £200 then the cost of the postage plus insurance will be about £11.05. Unless of course you expect the seller to send an expensive badge as an uninsured small airmail package at a cost of £2.80. If he does then he's (in my opinion) a fool. If it does not arrive then he's going to be the looser not you the buyer.

Dave.
Old 06-01-18, 03:46 PM

Who is the business concerned, what is the retail value of the single button, how is the single button actually sent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribyn View Post
I don't mind paying for delivery including postage and a reasonable charge for packing and so on but in the case I mentioned above, I think charging £8.00 to send a single button within the UK is taking the mickey when a 1st class, Large Letter can be sent 'Signed For' at a cost of £2.08! How can the extra £5.92 be justified?

Surely genuine business expenses and so on should be costed into the price of the item sold not added onto the price of p&p as a 'handling' charge.

Other online militaria businesses charge a far more realistic rate for post and packing and accordingly they get my custom.

Roger
Old 06-01-18, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Who is the business concerned, what is the retail value of the single button, how is the single button actually sent?
Hello Frank

The online seller is 'endicimilitaria' (who also sell on ebay as just 'endici'). The single button was valued at £15.00 and the exact postage method was not specified at the checkout. The £8.00 was only referred to as a 'Delivery Charge' if I remember correctly.

Given the relatively low value of the button a 'Signed For' service (1st or 2nd) would have been more than adequate. As I said before, difficult to justify an £8.00 delivery charge in my view.

Roger