British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-05-11, 11:59 AM

Default LRDG Indian Squadron (ILRS)

Greetings from Durban; does anyone have a genuine cap badge and shoulder title from a veteran? also does anyone have a pic of these being worn in the war? many thanks. they are needed for the third edition of my LRDG book. regards Jonathan Pittaway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LRDG BOOK.jpg (62.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 30-05-11, 08:49 AM

I wish.......
Old 31-05-11, 09:20 PM

I have a brass ILRS cap badge that I picked up in London in the 80's. Apparently an old lady found a box with about half a dozen in (that had presumeably belonged to her husband) and I was lucky enough to get one. Being a complete IT dinosaur I haven't mastered putting photos on here yet, but if you PM me I'm sure I can send you a couple of photos. I also have a couple of stories I need to check with you on another matter. Ian H
Old 23-06-11, 06:19 PM

Default My example of brass OR's cap badge.

Here are pictures of a brass OR's cap badge I picked up from a dealer in the mid to late 70's that might be of interest to the forum. Unfortunately it came with no provenance and one lug missing.
I have never seen, other than in Len Whittakers book, let alone handled a genuine example so I would be grateful for any feedback from forum members.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ILRS badge med.jpg (52.2 KB, 61 views)