British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > Other Corps

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-03-15, 08:39 AM

Default Signal Corps Badge

Hello All,
Having served in the Royal Australian Signal Corps during the Vietnam War, (I didn't serve in Vietnam), I am now collecting Signal Corps badges, from all countries not just Commonwealth badges. Does anyone have for sale a 1903 - 1912 Australian Signallers Corps Hat Badge. Thanks.

Phil.
Old 15-03-15, 08:56 AM

Hi from Auckland,

I have quite a lot of Signals badges from around the world left from a 3000 badge collection of signal items. If you get in touch with me at lordz@xtra.co.nz I can let you know what I have that may interest you.
I am ex R. Signals and have lived in NZ for 43 years. Am corps historian for RNZSigs and have written 8 or 9 books with several on signals.
Have retired now and cashed in many of the signals badges to pay off the mortgage. Have lots of US, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and South American Signals badges if you are interested.
Best regards Cliff Lord aka Quicksilver
Old 16-03-15, 05:52 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

G'day Phil

I volunteer at the Sigs museum at Simpson Barracks in Watsonia, when I have a car and can get there! We have a set of Hat, 2 collars and 2 signallers shoulder titles. I have photos if you would like and we also have a WW 1 period officers uniforn with the crossed flags on collars and a collar badge on his cap. If you would like copies send me pm with your email address. We also have the blue enamel and guilt officers badge.

My dad served with New Guinea Air Warning Wireless in WW 2.

Regards

Phil.
Old 16-03-15, 09:42 PM

Thanks Phil,
I served most of my time at Watsonia Barracks, I was a D.R. I have very fond memories of the place. (Especially the canteen).

Phil.
Old 16-03-15, 10:08 PM

Here is a small offering of my Sig badges, I particularly like these.
Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1995.jpg (41.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1996.jpg (43.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 17-03-15, 11:15 AM

Default Signal Corps Badges

Dear Phil.

The Australian Corps of Signals 1925-1931 collar badge with no motto at the bottom is very rare.

I show a pair on my little web site that used to be owned by Quicksilver who allowed me to use the photo on the site.

The pair sold for several thousands of dollars.

If you have time Phil have a look at my little web site www.signalsbadges.co.uk It only covers Commonwealth and Ex-Commonwealth badges. I understand you are collecting all Signal Corps badges. Good luck. It will be a mammoth task.

Best wishes

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk
Old 17-03-15, 07:23 PM

Thanks Chris, yes it will be a task, as I am learning swiftly. I have been in touch with Quicksilver he has been very helpful.

I have looked at your site quite often, in fact it is what spurred me on to collect Signal Corps badges, I also served in Royal Australian Sigs.

Phil.