British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Colonial Police and Paramilitary Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-11-14, 02:51 PM

Default Barbados Police button

A new addition from last weekend’s PICA GB meeting in Woking: a nice KC WM Barbados Police button bearing traces of what may have been silver-plate.

Regards

Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30Nov2014 009b.jpg (49.3 KB, 15 views)
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 31-12-14, 11:03 AM

Default Trinidad & Tobago and Grenada police insignia

Season’s greetings

Decided to treat myself to a little Boxing Day ‘splurge’ on some badges I’ve been eyeing-up for a while. They arrived today and include these which are relevant to this thread:

1. Trinidad & Tobago Supplemental Police collar badge, in chrome.

2. Royal Grenada Police Force Rural Constabulary shoulder title, also in chrome.

Regards

Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31Dec2014 004b.jpg (59.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 31Dec2014 009b.jpg (45.0 KB, 5 views)
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.

Last edited by Chacal; 31-12-14 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 31-12-14, 03:41 PM

Hi Graham,

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one buying some badges yesterday

Well done indeed and thank you for sharing. Some I always enjoy about colonial badges and have a couple on the way myself

Cheers, Roy.

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 31-12-14, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi Graham,

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one buying some badges yesterday

Well done indeed and thank you for sharing. Some I always enjoy about colonial badges and have a couple on the way myself

Cheers, Roy.
Hi Roy

Great minds think alike .

As I've said before I like the iconography of Colonial-era badges: one of the reasons I never really took to (then current) British police insignia is that when I started collecting in the mid-1970's most cap badges looked the same, being in chrome with EiiR centres. Now many have the county coat of arms in the centre and are often enamelled (I thought the police, like everyone else, were short of cash?) and make a visually more interesting display.

All the best from a damp Falkirk for 2015

Graham
Old 31-12-14, 07:24 PM

Hi Graham,

Yes I agree, I like to collect badges for pleasure, so want to enjoy those that I own and not collection just for the sake of it. One reason most of my focus is - well rather unfocused..! That way I can get those pieces that for one reason or another catch my eye.

I have a couple of nice pieces on the way, some Colonial, so excited to be watching the mail.

Snowing here today, a couple of inches so far. Quite nice actually for Arizona, a lovely change. Although rather pleased I had four wheel drive this morning

Cheers, Roy.

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com