British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-10-11, 06:15 AM

I so glad the ABs beat the Wallabies, what a boring final would it have been; France vs Australia!!!!
Old 17-10-11, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaindh View Post
I so glad the ABs beat the Wallabies, what a boring final would it have been; France vs Australia!!!!
Pfftt! Yarpies. At least we beat them. Oh that's right they also came last in the Tri Nations behind NZ and us and also didn't regain the Mandela Plate.
Old 17-10-11, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesianmilitaria View Post
Pfftt! Yarpies. At least we beat them. Oh that's right they also came last in the Tri Nations behind NZ and us and also didn't regain the Mandela Plate.
Be nice, Peter. Isn't it enough that all the refs have it in for the 'Boks?
Old 17-10-11, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee45 View Post
I'll try but it'll be hard. Now we can look forward to the Baa-Baas next month at Twickenham and Wales at Cardiff. I bet they'll stack the Barbarians with Kiwis.
Old 17-10-11, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee45 View Post
Not all refs LG, just one whom they reckon has a day job with Blackberry!

On a serious note, the Tri Nations should have been skipped this year. SA certainly didn't field it best side. (I'm not trying to take it away from the Aussies.)

On another note, the Wallabies could have a little shield made inscribed "we beat the Boks in the 2011 world cup."
Old 17-10-11, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
On a serious note, the Tri Nations should have been skipped this year. SA certainly didn't field it best side. (I'm not trying to take it away from the Aussies.)
SA fault.

Quote:
On another note, the Wallabies could have a little shield made inscribed "we beat the Boks in the 2011 world cup."
Ahh but we don't need that to massage our ego's, we have the shiny gold Mandela Plate.
Rocky+Elsom+Tri+Nations+Australia+v+South+wxsNZxPnBR_l.jpg

The days when the Wallabies were great. Photo Stephen Larkham. Wallabies v Springboks 2006.
stephen-larkham-v-springboks-2006-image-courtesy-o1.jpg
Old 17-10-11, 11:18 AM
Mr. Jackanory

Poor old Wales,
However, having been a referee, and refereed many a match, you have to make your decision there and then, right or wrong. I never deliberately made a wrong decision. I'd love to see Francois Pienaar and Lawrence Dellaglio pick up the whistles and show us how it is done...
Matti
Old 17-10-11, 11:46 AM
Banned

I will add that fair dinkum Aussie rugby supporters don't make excuses for the terrible game played by the Wallabies on Sunday. Their game play and strategy was shocking and that was explicitly shown by the very good tactics and game play of the AB's. All credit to the AB's and may the best team win on the weekend.

I will also add that most Aussies are greedy and spoiled when it comes to our National teams and sportsmen and women. On the weekend the Kangaroos defeated NZ in the rugby league test 42 to 6. Casey Stoner won his second MotoGP World Championship and his fifth consecutive Australian MotoGP at Phillip Island. The Australian Netball Team the Diamonds defeated England in the third and final test which meant that England lost all three tests. The Diamonds are also the current World Champions.

No other country with a population of only 23 million can boast the sporting successes of Australia over the last 20 years, a fact that most of us are undoubtedly proud of. However we can't win everything and unfortunately a lot of Aussies have to accept that.

In my opinion The All Blacks are and have always been the benchmark. As the most consistently winning team in history I doubt that many will argue. As the country that has the longest history of playing NZ we know only too well how good they are. In fact the first touring side that went overseas was from Australia, the Southern Rugby Union (NSW) toured NZ in 1883.

In 1884 the first New Zealand representative team visits Australia and wins all nine matches on tour. A sign of things to come. In the first International between an Australia side and New Zealand, the Kiwis devastated us 22 - 3.
Ironically the largest defeat the All Blacks have ever suffered has been at the hands of their old sporting enemy - Australia. In 1999, the year the Wallabies win their second World Cup, Australia devastated New Zealand 28 -7. I don't think they've ever forgiven us.

The largest population of expat Kiwis lives in Australia and we have fought side by side in every war we've been involved in since Gallipoli. I think most would agree that it's only the rugby field that we hate each other.
Old 17-10-11, 12:51 PM
Banned

The person I consider to be the best Rugby Union referee I have seen since 1969 is Clive Norling.
Clive Norling.jpg

I also agree with his opinion on the red carding of Sam Warburton. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyna...1466-29601649/

In fact this is what I said on twitter within seconds of it happening. And yes I did lose the bet.
CropperCapture[62].jpg

Last edited by rhodesianmilitaria; 17-10-11 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling mistake
Old 17-10-11, 06:43 PM

“And when with 14 men Wales had chances to win that game but you can’t afford to miss four kicks at goal.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyna...ixzz1b49garpL]

Says it all really
Old 17-10-11, 07:02 PM
Mr. Jackanory

When I was refereeing safety was paramount. I still referee at schoolboy level and there it is even more important. If I had broken my neck in my mid-30s that would have been one thing, for a lad in his teens, well... Also it is not mitigating circumstances to say that he released the player as it is the tackler who was in control at that point and he was responsible...
Matti