British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-03-10, 09:33 AM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottuh13 View Post
I am not happy to sell badges that are fake and yes i will pull you up over the word fake because you are casting aspersions on my character .For your infomation and everyone else who seems keen on this debate the buyer of the Gordons badge has been contacted and told that the badge has been with drawn from sale due to my mistake and an apology offered .If any one has a problem with any badge that they have bought from me via this or any other forum please contact me at hutton_mark@hotmail.com and i will refund all their money if required.Again i will say that any badge sold by me will 100% genuine .
As i have said in the past every one has to learn, some people on this forum are very quick to pass judgement on other members of this forum and maybe they should reflect on that.
That me finished .
Mark
I never used the word ' fake ' and I never used your name in any of my remarks, I indicated that being on the froum should, I hope, make a seller less likely to want to sell ' mis-described ' items.

If anyone sells anything that isn't as described, it is a con, a fraud or whatever you want to call it, end of.

I personally don't care why you got the description wrong and I don't believe in pussyfooting either, if something should be said, say it, I have been stung heavily in the past and because of that, I felt it was in order for me to pass an opinion, if you take offense I'm sorry but such is life !!!!!!
Old 27-03-10, 02:12 PM

Dave
Well aren't you just great.
You have been well stung to be so bitter.
Don't tar all sellers with the same brush because you never it might come back to bite you.

I will end this as enough has been said and this could run and run.
Mark
Old 27-03-10, 03:00 PM

Mark,

I'm not particularly great but I am honest, straight forward, trusted and to a degree, respected, I earned that, I'm not bitter, I learned from the experience, perhaps if you were to read and digest what I actually write, you wouldn't fly off the handle so quickly.

I don't tar all sellers with the same brush, I've been involved with quite a few and several spring to mind who have in the past, just described a badge and I've have it, so ' tarring ' all sellers doesn't apply.

All I've done is respond, on an open forum, to remarks made, I wasn't the person who was brought into question, that was you, again I repeat, if you're offended I'm sorry but I am entitled to voice my opinion, if you don't like it, learn to live with it.

Dave.
Old 28-03-10, 12:21 PM
Former Member

Default New Merged Black Watch Thread

Sometimes I wonder, if members read the posts and threads that we submit?....

Now we have this offering in the Forum Classifieds:

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/pp-...duct=851&cat=5

It may possibly be quite genuine? But it is not a WW1/1916 all Gilding Metal Black Watch Cap badge as there was not one!

Andy
Old 28-03-10, 01:48 PM

Smile WW1 Black Watch

It is almost certainly a Canadian badge, mis-described as 1916 economy, with both loops missing. I would stick my neck over the parapet and say it's OK.

It is only a screen image as I always say about my verdicts on badges, so until you hold them in your hand, you are never sure.
Old 28-03-10, 01:51 PM

Let's put that in the "ignorance due to lack of knowledge" section.

Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Old 28-03-10, 02:01 PM

Has anyone had a quiet word with Vincent ? because I sure as hell am not going to !! once bitten etc, etc.

Even my dry sense of humour finds nothing funny about this one this time ??
Old 28-03-10, 04:18 PM
Former Member

Dave,
PM sent! Hope he takes it the right way>>

Andy
Old 28-03-10, 07:04 PM

At least it's not me this time
Old 28-03-10, 08:07 PM
peter616

i think the badge is ok sad there is no lugs

peter
Old 28-03-10, 08:11 PM

Hello Peter,

Do you not see anything wrong with a brass Black Watch badge being described as a WWI economy badge when everyone is in agreement that they were not produced......I'm dead curious ??

Dave.

PS, I can soon put a pair of lugs on it and try to sell it for £70.00p ?????
Old 28-03-10, 08:14 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
Hello Peter,

Do you not see anything wrong with a brass Black Watch badge being described as a WWI economy badge when everyone is in agreement that they were not produced......I'm dead curious ??

Dave.
I've seen these sold on a northern dealers website... so they're bound to say they are OK!

andy
Old 28-03-10, 08:23 PM
peter616

no i do not see any think wrong with a brass Black Watch badge being described as a WWI economy badge and i have seen them sell for £100+ down south lol

peter
Old 28-03-10, 08:26 PM

Those who know me will be surprised but I'm speechless...................you have taken my breath away !! what is the point of this forum ?
Old 28-03-10, 08:37 PM
Former Member

Here we go again............... all GM economy badges were produced to replace some and not all bi metal badges in wear in 1916. To have an economy badge made there were a few guidelines... if the badge was previously produced in all white metal, there was no economy in producing one in gilding metal/Brass so they were not made. Some Bi metal badges had minimal economy by producing in all GM, i.e. R Dublin Fus or Yorks and Lancs because the overlaid parts were so small, so they were not made either...

If people are going to sell things they should get their facts straight otherwise they are just going to spread confusion and result in peole paying good money for "Scrap Metal" as someone has quite rightly stated to me only yesterday!

Andy

Tags
42nd, all brass, black watch, economy