British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-10-21, 11:35 PM

Default Just a note to say hello…

Just wanted to drop you all a line… Have not been very active lately on the forum but still collecting… has been an unusual last couple of years as everyone knows… we are all doing fine and I am retired now.. my wife left her job of some 25 years and is pursuing a certification in therapeutic massage… I am currently the massage dummy and receiving 3 massages a week.

Managed to get Covid in early 2020 at a military show in Louisville Kentucky however did not know it as such and was sick for about 10 days… have since gotten both vaccines and will get a booster next week…

Since retirement I have spent much time working in the yard and garden.. recently have started volunteering at the local hospital 2 days a week… patient transport mainly..

Have not found anything earthshaking in the line of badges but picking up a few things here and there… as with time a number of older US militaria collections have come back on to the market and have picked up some nice US pieces…. Prices still seem to trundle along not paying any attention to the times.. have seen many younger collectors here in the states actively buying… there interests are somewhat similar to most older collectors with the main difference being their ability and or want to do the deep dive research on the veterans….

Hope to get to a military show in November in Ohio… the venue is large and they spread the tables and aisles out for social distance… mask wearing not bad,a mixed bag of sort’s… I am a mask wearer most all times.

Hope a everyone is doing well and adding to your collections.
Best
Jack
Old 12-10-21, 12:12 AM

Hi Jack,
Good to hear from you and still kicking about. I too am retired now, although still work part time to survive here in California. Have had to mitigate my collecting to some degree and no longer collect US at all, but so be it.
Luckily my wife and I have so far managed to avoid the virus and have had our pricking up to date.
Must keep on some how.
Cheers,
Conrad
Old 12-10-21, 06:17 AM

Hi Jack, we must have rubbed shoulders as I was at the Show of Shows at Louisville in 2020 too!

All the best

Bess
Old 12-10-21, 10:07 PM

Thanks Conrad
Old 12-10-21, 10:08 PM

Hello Bess it is possible we crossed paths… quite a large show as you well know.
Jack