British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-10-21, 12:29 PM

Default Hampshire Cadets

I often see this "Tudor Rose" worn by Hampshire Cadets Described as being worn Circa WW2.This is me in 1979,Some in my detachment wore this & others wore the smaller version with the crown on top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5874.jpg (50.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5872.jpg (26.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 18-10-21, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
I often see this "Tudor Rose" worn by Hampshire Cadets Described as being worn Circa WW2.This is me in 1979,Some in my detachment wore this & others wore the smaller version with the crown on top.
I hope you are not the one with the Rose upside down!
(one of the points should point downwards, we are not like those half breed northerners you know).
Old 18-10-21, 03:03 PM

Did not have a clue about the point downwards,Not sure my mother would have known.Thanks for the info Regards Gary
Old 18-10-21, 09:38 PM

General interest- when did Battledress go out for the ACF and when did woolly pullys with epaulettes come into use? ATC had a button hole on the blue grey brassard but never used and hidden by squadron number badge- Issue RAF WP had epaulettes from first issue around '78/'79. Regards, Paul.
Old 18-10-21, 10:54 PM

Monty, Pip up or down, you still make a fine looking cadet!

Terry
Old 19-10-21, 11:25 AM

Full pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5873.jpg (52.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5875.jpg (57.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 19-10-21, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
General interest- when did Battledress go out for the ACF and when did woolly pullys with epaulettes come into use? ATC had a button hole on the blue grey brassard but never used and hidden by squadron number badge- Issue RAF WP had epaulettes from first issue around '78/'79. Regards, Paul.
I joined the ACF as a cadet in late 1973 and was issued with Battledress (complete with webbing gaiters and 37 pattern webbing belt). I actually wore BD for the last time in February 1974. In early 1974 we were issued with Lightweight Trousers, green nylon "working belts" and brassards. The jumper that was issued at that time was the V neck lightweight jumper. The epaulettes were threaded through slots in the shoulder patches. Initial issues of the Jersey Heavy Wool didn't have epaulettes on them. If I remember correctly, first issues of Jumpers with epaulettes were around 1980 (ish). The buttonhole on ACF green brassards was used up until CS95 shirts were phased out with cadets being required to sew a button on to the right shoulder of the CS95 shirt and smock to enable them to secure the brassard.
Hope that helps

Paul