British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-10-14, 10:03 AM

No, that is original, but, the condition, in particular, on it's reverse, is not good!
Never mind, you will find a better example without any problems, they are not rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loupie1961 View Post
So I guess this is one of the fake AAC plastic cap badges, or at least, it looks very strongly as such!
Old 20-10-14, 10:25 AM

Here is a picture of my Dad wearing his plastic Royal Signals plastic cap badge.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3695.jpg (35.3 KB, 29 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 20-10-14, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
Here is a picture of my Dad wearing his plastic Royal Signals plastic cap badge.

P.B.
So your father was in the First Division, Peter?
Old 20-10-14, 12:59 PM

Loupie,

Yes going by his photo and the bar on his Africa Star but I don't know much else about his war service.

I have just started working on my family history and realise there were many questions I should have asked my Mum and Dad when I could have.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3696.jpg (65.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3697.jpg (74.5 KB, 23 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 20-10-14, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Loupie,

Yes going by his photo and the bar on his Africa Star but I don't know much else about his war service.

I have just started working on my family history and realise there were many questions I should have asked my Mum and Dad when I could have.

Peter
Lovely display, and if I am not mistaken, I see a plastic RS cap badge....
Old 20-10-14, 04:21 PM

Hello. I too have a small collection of Plastic Badges and i came to the conclusion that most were made in the Midlands (Birmingham, England). The makers of the Plastic Badge that i own are " A. STANLEY & SONS WALLSALL", "JR & L Ltd, BIRMINGHAM", and "F&G", some plastic badges i have have no makers name on at all. I would like to show this plastic "ESSEX REGIMENT" Badge, the makers "A STANLEY & SONS WALLSALL".
Peter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THE ESSEX REGIMENT (PLASTIC) 1.jpg (59.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg THE ESSEX REGIMENT (PLASTIC) 2.jpg (103.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 20-10-14, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...p?albumid=2372

These are the few I have. I need to transcribe production figures when I have time.
Old 20-10-14, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Fake plastics were being produced by a bloke in the netherlands a few years ago for reenacting purposes.
These were made from light brown polyester, then painted just like the parachute regiment cap badge shown. Original plastic cap badges were made of solid material.
Old 21-10-14, 07:23 AM

Very nice indeed, is this your families service all together in the same frame, I note the QSA!
Regards Frank

Quote:
Loupie,

Peter
Old 21-10-14, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Loupie,

Peter
Very interesting Peter. My dad was also R Sigs and served in N Africa and Italy. I have his medals and his plastic cap badges as well as two pics of him in the desert. I applied for and received his service records which listed a large number of different units he served with.

Jerry
Old 21-10-14, 10:47 AM

I have seen photographs of plastic badges that were painted. They are to units which had bi-metal badges so that the application of either and a "silver" or a "gilt" paint made it look like the original. I assume this treatment was done on a personal level.
Old 21-10-14, 07:32 PM

Paint to simulate bi-metal was done at personal/unit level, single colour badges were also painted gold by Stanley and Sons. There were a few two plastic coloured badges, The Royal Scots for instance and the Borders had a red plastic center.

Rgds, Thomas.
Old 22-10-14, 09:13 PM

Hello Peter,
About that medal I mentioned, I'm thinking James Brydon, now come on, tell me all about it, you know, I bet he must have known George Carter, you must be very proud.
Regards Frank

Quote:
Loupie,

Peter
Old 23-10-14, 07:02 AM

Frank,

I have my fathers and grandfathers medals ( top row and centre in the photo ) but I also collect medals to the family name so all the other medals are to Brydons but the other recipients are not (as far as I am aware ) relatives ( I wish they were ).

( coincidently Carter was my maternal grandfathers surname )

Peter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2935.jpg (54.0 KB, 10 views)

Old 23-10-14, 07:13 AM

Hello Peter,
Okay, I see, well it's certainly not a common name, I like the medal and have a considerable collection of these, they really were quite magnificent and James Brydon was certainly no exception.
Kind regards Frank

Quote:
Frank,

I have my fathers and grandfathers medals ( top row and centre in the photo ) but I also collect medals to the family name so all the other medals are to Brydons but the other recipients are not (as far as I am aware ) relatives ( I wish they were ).

( coincidently Carter was my maternal grandfathers surname )

Peter.