British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Arab Nations

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-12-21, 09:31 AM

Default Aden

My latest book on the Military and Police Forces of the Arabian Gulf and the Gulf of Aden has just been published. It is published by Helion in the UK.
Based on the previous Armed Forces of South Arabian it has 32 new photos
and heaps of art work. It is called:

The Military and Police Forces of the Gulf States Volume 3: The Aden Protectorate 1839-1967

https://www.helion.co.uk/military-hi...deb35919749c25

There is new text for the First World War, RAF post Second World War armoured cars, RAF air stations and the Withdrawal from Aden.

Regards,
Cliff Lord
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helion1001166.jpg (46.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 02-12-21, 02:53 PM

Will be ordering my copy shortly Cliff.

Well done on the new publication.

Paul
Old 02-12-21, 07:35 PM

Ordered mine just now

Will be very happy if it is as good as the Trucial States one.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 23-12-21, 02:12 PM

Great i will order now, your books are a wealth of information. This will sit nicely with your other volumes.
CERTA. CITO. Phil.
Old 25-12-21, 11:24 AM

In a rare display of patience I kept my copy unopened until today, as with the Trucial States volume it is profusely illustrated with contemporary photographs and many beautifully drawn colour plates. TBH my initial thoughts were that the paper used is lighter than that of the Trucial States vol, but it does contain another 25 or so pages, so using heavier paper would have doubtless added to the weight and costs, and is quite understandable. There is a section showing local insignia from the military and police forces in the Protectorate - soome of the police forces I had never heard of, never mind seeing their badges - and I suspect over time will help collectors finally ID Arabic badges currently languishing in their 'mystery' boxes.

All-in-all the authors have produced a book anyone with an interest in the military and/or police of Aden should have on their bookshelves.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 25-12-21, 06:55 PM

Default kind words

Thank you very much for you kind words everyone. You are right about the cover being thinner. Perhaps to keep the weight down for postage.
Cliff Lord aka quicksiver
Old 09-07-23, 09:17 AM

Default Looking to buy

I’m looking for a Badge from Aden that was issued in the 60s for the south Arabian army will include the picture which I need exactly like that. If you have one for sale please contact me and if you are willing to ship it to United state, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4632.jpg (48.0 KB, 3 views)