British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-12-14, 09:33 PM

I was gonna was gonna bring this up,why do some manufacturers have the metal sliders that are folded over and some dont ?
Old 12-04-20, 12:49 PM

Hi Mike,

just browsing whilst and spotted this post
I have just checked my RAOC collection and I have the T&S mark on a brass slider and also two on a 'Nickle' slider. I also have the alternative T&S mark (raised) on a brass slider so I wonder if it is also out there on the 'Nickle' slider ? Any idea ?

Steve

I appreciate it is some time since this post was raised and I just wondered if you or anyone else had more up to date info
Old 12-04-20, 04:33 PM

Steve, I think you're referring to the Turner & Simpson 'T&S' mark, with comes with just the characters and also with the characters within two interlocking rings. If it helps I have:-

Royal Engineers
Brass slider 'T&S', brass slider (T&S), alloy slider 'T&S'

Royal Army Ordnance Corps
Brass slider 'T&S', brass slider (T&S), alloy slider 'T&S'

It's possible that the alloy slider only came with the characters alone ( I.e. no rings).

That said, just because I dont have them means nothing, there is every likelihood that somebody out there has alloy with characters and rings on these regiments.

These sliders do of course appear on other regiments.

Regards all, happy easter

Bess

Last edited by bess55; 13-04-20 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-04-20, 09:01 PM

Bess,

Thanks. I end up needing to add more to my 'wants list' every time I read a thread. LOL
Waiting for delivery of an RE T&S at the moment but always on the look out.
This hobby is just great and the information and knowledge of those on this site is just beyond priceless. I only got back into it a few years ago (on retirement) and it keeps me busy. Thank goodness that I only have a limited monthly budget as this will ensure I can carry on looking for items for many years to come.
Happy Easter and Best Regards to all

Steve