British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-05-13, 11:16 PM

Default West Yorkshire - the most expensive AA badge?

Rare, yes, but £300 rare?

Not sure i would ever spend that much on a staybrite?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEST-YORKS...item589ff6b96d

Good luck if you're bidding!

Cheers,

Andy C
Old 13-05-13, 12:33 AM

What a joke.There are some unreal sellers out there.Even the postage cost is a joke.
Old 13-05-13, 03:57 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil mercer View Post
What a joke.There are some unreal sellers out there.Even the postage cost is a joke.
Neil,
the seller will probably send this via Special Delivery, which now costs £6.22 add to that packing and if the buyer pays via PayPal, their slice to deduct too, then £6.50 would probably see him out of pocket on P&P?

Andy
Old 13-05-13, 09:26 AM
guest123a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC_65 View Post
Rare, yes, but £300 rare?

Not sure i would ever spend that much on a staybrite?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEST-YORKS...item589ff6b96d

Good luck if you're bidding!

Cheers,

Andy C
Andy,

Yes indeed an expensive badge

I have not before seen £300 being asked for one of these, £200 (inc premiums) at auction yes.

Glad that I have mine plus a spare in case the tail snaps off which is not uncommon with this badge as the tail is supposed to be flying and not drooping and like PWO examples tend to be bent upwards by the wearer resulting in more than 1 snapped of tail, hence possibly it's rarity and consequently it's price.

Cheers,

Marcus
Old 13-05-13, 09:37 AM

Its what the buyer is prepared to pay, no bid no sale....

He may have been better off with a lower starting price, and set a reserve to get it going!

Wanted Poppy Pins
Old 13-05-13, 12:10 PM

3 WENT IN BOSLEYS £605 £305 £265 AT DIFFERENT SALES
Old 13-05-13, 12:27 PM

I have seen a RAOC A/A with Kings crown up for £250

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 13-05-13, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMO2440 View Post
Andy,

Glad that I have mine plus a spare .

Cheers,

Marcus
No-one likes a show off Marcus :-p

Cheers,

Andy
Old 13-05-13, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus-gemma View Post
3 WENT IN BOSLEYS £605 £305 £265 AT DIFFERENT SALES
That rare then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr9266 View Post
I have seen a RAOC A/A with Kings crown up for £250
Could be a 1947 Pattern which are like Hens Teeth in Anodised as it was only a Trails version - But I suspect these may go for more!!

Only ever even seen one!

The 1949 Pattern are a little more common, but still scrace as they never made it to general issue!

Traded an RAOC QC Helmet Plate for mine!

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 13-05-13 at 03:09 PM.
Old 13-05-13, 02:44 PM
guest123a

Quote:
No-one likes a show off Marcus :-p

Cheers,

Andy
Andy,

No show off, just a serious collector to the West Yorkshire Regiment, so I will take your comment with a pinch of salt on this occasion.

Regards,

Marcus
Old 13-05-13, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMO2440 View Post
Andy,

No show off, just a serious collector to the West Yorkshire Regiment, so I will take your comment with a pinch of salt on this occasion.

Regards,

Marcus
Please do, as it was intended with jest - hence the emoticon. I took your post the same way with the very big grin.

Cheers,

Andy C
Old 13-05-13, 03:44 PM
guest123a

Quote:
Please do, as it was intended with jest - hence the emoticon. I took your post the same way with the very big grin.

Cheers,

Andy C
Andy,

No worries, no offense taken,

For some reason the icon you posted is not showing on the post when I look at it, just :-p instead which did not have the effect you intended.

Cheers,

Marcus
Old 14-05-13, 12:09 PM

If an object is REALLY desirable to a serious collector, I shd think price will be only one consideration among many and will probably come below rarity value, desirability, it's potential place in an already existing collection and other factors. Cost versus affordability and value are obviously relative and mean different things to different people. Perhaps even bragging rights might also have a price!

For instance, if anyone out there has an AA badge not already in my (fairly advanced) collection, I'd be pleased to quickly have at least the price of the badge under discussion, in readies, to begin the bidding with some alacrity.

Lancashire Fusiliers, or Inns of Court (not city) anyone?

Awra best to all.
Old 14-05-13, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
If an object is REALLY desirable to a serious collector, I shd think price will be only one consideration among many and will probably come below rarity value, desirability, it's potential place in an already existing collection and other factors. Cost versus affordability and value are obviously relative and mean different things to different people. Perhaps even bragging rights might also have a price!

For instance, if anyone out there has an AA badge not already in my (fairly advanced) collection, I'd be pleased to quickly have at least the price of the badge under discussion, in readies, to begin the bidding with some alacrity.

Lancashire Fusiliers, or Inns of Court (not city) anyone?

Awra best to all.
I know of 3 Lancs Fusiliers,two are broken.I know of 2 Inns of Court.I cant remember seeing either badge that was intact for sale in 15 years.
Old 15-05-13, 12:45 AM

Hi Guys,

I've been talking with one member re: him buying this badge but to throw in my bit.

This badge is covered in Anodised Aluminium: The 'No Bull' Cap Badge of the British Army but only in Appendix 8: Non-Authorised Cap Badges as I never found any official info that the badge was officially authorised for issue. It does though look like an authentic piece and not a fake or dealers unofficial commission.

However, if one of these came my way, and they are rare, I would only go 100GBP odd if I had the dosh and could not trade for it. I currently do not own one of these badges.

Note that I did once pay 235GBP for a KC Oxford Uni UTC badge but I needed it to photograph for the book and it is the only one known.

I personally believe that it would be better to buy five or six scarce/rare badges for 50 quid each to add to a collection unless you really wanted this item and had very few other badges to acquire.

Regards

Chris