British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 29-08-18, 02:14 PM

Default Afghan Infantry Branch School (IBS) British advisors

Hi,

Just thought I would add these after being presented with the American Combat patch today. There are currently 8 British advisors at the Afghan Infantry Branch School (IBS) looking to develop the training and infrastructure.

The Afghan badge is the IBS flash.
The American is the Combined Security Transition Command Afghanistan (CSTC-A) combat patch awarded for 30 days for combat/ support of combat ops on Op RESOLUTE SUPPORT.

Sorry about photo quality - I only have my iPad on me.

Regards

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF612F93-C42C-4D29-AB4E-361FF1E7B27B.jpg (47.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg D9CD3981-8297-420F-A6D1-55E41CD6BD43.jpg (35.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 051947DF-F69C-432F-BC1B-1E75F0BAE82A.jpg (41.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 29-08-18, 02:50 PM

Nice.

Marc
Old 29-08-18, 04:48 PM

Are you allowed to wear the US "combat patch" on the right shoulder whilst out there? US soldiers value the combat patch highly as it shows they're not a proper REMF (Rear Echelon Mother something).
It's important that these details are captured as they occur, as too much has disappeared without record. I like the ETS major rank badge as well, why was it not worn on a rank slide on the chest( or are you wearing ACU?)?
Somewhere on here is a picture of a US Major wearing a 2 Para DZ on his right ACU shoulder, which he wore whilst attached to 2 Para on HERRICK13.
Thanks for sharing the photos/ info. Fascinating.

Ian H
Old 29-08-18, 05:21 PM

Ian,

Yes we are authorised to wear the combat patch, it was presented by an American Major General and all nations in the Army Institutional Advisory Team (AIAT) can wear it. I wear the patches when in body armour and so go on the arms of my ubacs. I chose to have Education Officer instead of ETS as it was simpler for the Afghans and I kept getting asked about pay from other brits. The Afghan Maj badge also has Education Officer written in Dari.

Regards

Mike