British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-11-08, 09:56 PM

Default Imperial Army MTD Shoulder Title

Can Anyone tell me more about the shoulder title. It is maker stamped RJ INGLIS LIMITED.

Thanks Jaime
Old 28-09-09, 07:39 PM

Posting this again to see if anyone has any other info....

Jaime
www.marway-militaria.com
Old 28-09-09, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Jaime, Strictly speculation, but the British bought huge quantities of munitions and goods from Canada during the war. They had a quality control / inspection organization stationed in Canada to monitor the contracts. Perhaps this is related to that group?
Old 11-03-20, 05:33 PM

Default IMPERIAL ARMY MTD SHOULDER TITLE

Hi All

I am adding on a bit and pushing to the top with the hope someone who has a bit of info spots post.

I just picked up one of the IMPERIAL ARMY MTD titles, same as Jamie's with the INGLIS maker mark. It came in a box of mostly CEF badges that had nothing later than the 20's. A lot of the badges were maker marked R J INGLIS LIMITED and in nice unused condition. The box had been in someone's closet since they found it in their great-uncles estate 30 years ago. They have no idea of where and when uncle acquired. The lady told me that when she found on her uncles shelf it was covered with dust and looked like it hadn't been touched in years.

I do like finding these hidden gems. That's the fourth little treasure hoard I've come across in the last few years. Two were medals and two badges. One was a set of medals inside a wall in Thunder Bay and a Waterloo in a box in an old house near Peterboro. Then last year about 40 badges from boer war period that came off an old leather belt. Amazing that this type of stuff still turns. Will post pics soon as I have a few non CEF(I think) items that I need help identifying.

Don