British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-03-10, 10:37 AM

Default A big hello

Hello everybody, just found your forum last night and have joined today.

My name is Chris (aka Norwegianblue, ....'its pining for the fjords'....) and i am from York, England.

Been collecting British Military cap badges for only about a year now, (although my very first one was in about 1977, more of that tale later perhaps!). I am also an avid military helmet collector so no surprise there is a connection, currently my helmets number about 120, (nothing compared to some collectors, believe me!), ranging from WW1 to the 1990's and although i have been doing that for about 6 years or so its got to the point where the whole lot is in plastic tubs in the spare room. Not much fun when i want to admire them....so i decided to expand my interest into an area where i could easily display and maybe not spend so much on single objects, the helmet market has got quite expensive over the last few years, especially the german stuff.

So I hope to learn lot from the forum and look forward to discussing the subject with fellow enthusiasts.

regards Chris.
Old 25-03-10, 11:43 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianblue View Post
Hello everybody, just found your forum last night and have joined today.

My name is Chris (aka Norwegianblue, ....'its pining for the fjords'....) and i am from York, England.

Been collecting British Military cap badges for only about a year now, (although my very first one was in about 1977, more of that tale later perhaps!). I am also an avid military helmet collector so no surprise there is a connection, currently my helmets number about 120, (nothing compared to some collectors, believe me!), ranging from WW1 to the 1990's and although i have been doing that for about 6 years or so its got to the point where the whole lot is in plastic tubs in the spare room. Not much fun when i want to admire them....so i decided to expand my interest into an area where i could easily display and maybe not spend so much on single objects, the helmet market has got quite expensive over the last few years, especially the german stuff.

So I hope to learn lot from the forum and look forward to discussing the subject with fellow enthusiasts.

regards Chris.
Welcome python fan. Like most of us, I am sure you will.
Old 25-03-10, 01:35 PM

hi chris,

welcome.youll find we are all a friendly bunch willing to help each other.

philip
Old 25-03-10, 06:08 PM

Default Hello from a fellow yorkist

Hi and welcome. I'm from Leeds and am interested in all things connected to Yorkshire regts. Hope we hear from you from time to time.

Nick
Old 26-03-10, 10:36 AM

Default thanx

Thanx chaps for the warm welcome, i am looking forward to participating in the forum. I have been going thru some threads and posts to see what sort of stuff is being talked about - and by the gods there is some knowledge out there, something that in the past would take me years to build via books or experience is all here NOW. Isnt the internet a wonderful godsend to collectors like us!

I do have some items which i will post about in the near future and some queries i hope will be answered. The helmet market like the badge market is swamped with fakes, forgeries and unscrutable sellers, I know i have already been duped by some ebay sellers and thats just my inexperience in a new field. But the last six months or so i have been a little more attentive to what i want to buy, rather than fall for the price of an item, and i have got to know the only military badge dealer in York, so he has helped me a lot.

Chris