British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-08-14, 01:27 PM

Default Prisoner of War Help pin badge -Help!

I recently acquired a number of odds and sods that I have been working through trying to identify them. Most of the items are First World War with a number of St John's Ambulance, but there a couple of items that so far have eluded further identification or information. I did manage to find another PoW badge on ebay, but unfortunately the seller had no further information. The badge does have on the reverse a number stamped '52' , also the makers name Thomas Fattorini of Bolton. The example on ebay had a different number stamped on it.

Unfortunately my internet skills have not yielded any further info on the 'Empire Defenders' badge (in spite of quite a lot of data on the actual badge!)

PoWBadge.jpg

Empire Tribute.jpg

Tags
badge, empire defenders, pow