British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-03-19, 01:30 PM

Default German Pionier's Cap, cWWII.

The black piping indicates Pionier (sapper) branch of the army.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847204.jpg (59.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847415.jpg (61.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847249.jpg (36.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847289.jpg (60.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847370.jpg (74.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847484.jpg (101.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg post-2272-1177847571.jpg (59.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-03-19, 09:27 PM

Do you also post your British and Commonwealth military badges on Nazi headdress forums???

Rgds, Thomas
Old 07-03-19, 12:14 AM

No, I don't belong to any nazi forums.
Having said that I suppose I do still belong to the Wehrmacht awards forum, although my paying membership lapsed years ago, and yes, I did post British and Commonwealth military and police insignia and Headress there. They have a British and Commonwealth section, some decent blokes but too many self important, argumentative forum fascists lurk there.
This section of this forum is entitled "Headress" and as far as I'm aware German headgear isn't barred.
I have posted headgear from other nationalities here without complaint from others, and was planning on posting more such as Belgian, Yugoslavian, Dutch and Iraqui.
Contact forum moderators and suggest they make this a British and Commonwealth Headress section?
I'm more than happy, as ever, to comply with rules of the forum. I have no rights of ownership and no wish to dictate how it should be run.
In the meantime I'll take my ball home and cease to post any headgear on the forum.
Over to you.
Old 07-03-19, 07:12 AM

Thanks for sharing Leigh.

Keith
Old 07-03-19, 07:28 AM

Thanks, I should really post more detail about the items I post rather than just images but my knowledge of German headgear was limited in the first place and I need to dig out notes to be able to comment on dates of introduction, manufacturer etc.
I figure that posting what I come across in my collection heap be it British, German, Indonesian, whatever, helps keep a fairly quiet section of the forum ticking over.
Old 07-03-19, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
section of the forum ticking over.
Keep winding the key, Leigh.

Marc
Old 09-03-19, 02:21 PM

Quote:
This section of this forum is entitled "Headress" and as far as I'm aware German headgear isn't barred.
I have posted headgear from other nationalities here without complaint from others, and was planning on posting more such as Belgian, Yugoslavian, Dutch and Iraqui.
Contact forum moderators and suggest they make this a British and Commonwealth Headress section?
I'm more than happy, as ever, to comply with rules of the forum. I have no rights of ownership and no wish to dictate how it should be run.
In the meantime I'll take my ball home and cease to post any headgear on the forum.
Over to you.
Well, in the absence of further communication by now to indicate that forum moderators have been approached with a request that this "Headgear" section of the forum be restricted to being an "Any Headgear Except German" section I'll resume posting on the subject of headgear of various nationalities.
Old 09-03-19, 08:28 PM

This really curbs my desire to further contribute to this forum, but hey, you've satisfied your nazi paraphernalia exibitionism, so all's good, I suppose.
Old 09-03-19, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fougasse1940 View Post
This really curbs my desire to further contribute to this forum, but hey, you've satisfied your nazi paraphernalia exibitionism, so all's good, I suppose.
Having some items of German insignia and headgear in my somewhat eclectic collection of militaria (mainly British but also Polish, Serbian, Yugoslavian, plus) does not mean that I am a nazi fan boy.
I am not contravening forum rules and I resent the implied accusation in this and your previous post that I have political sympathies for the nazi regime.
I do not.
I have a non-obsessionall interest in the German armed forces of WWI and WWII.
I do not admire the 3rd Reich.
The Germans were the enemy who shot and wounded my father in France in 1944, who afforded his father the opportunity to earn a Military Medal in France in 1916 and fought against other members of my family in the world wars.
I am simply showing permitted items of militaria on a militaria forum.
The titles of the threads that I start state clearly what the thread is about.
Rather than cease contributing to the forum I would suggest that you don't read the threads that will include items you disapprove of.
Sorry as I am that you are caused upset by my posts, I feel you are being unreasonable and request that you cease your unjustified sniping at me.
Address any concerns that you may have about me and my militaria collection to forum moderators.
I am not here for the "politics" or for the arguments, I am here as a collector of militaria.
Old 09-03-19, 09:44 PM

Most of us have German some Italian items in our collection some of mine brought back by family members and other people I have met. And some I have bought.

I often do displays for the Royal British Legion RAFA etc and they encourage telling History

I even have some Japanese items my Great Uncle Joe served in the Far East and was wounded out GSW

I have a. Piece of German bomber Italian badges Africa corp items brought back by his brother Uncle Sid who served in North Africa Italy F&G their cousin Joe Motteram South Staffordshire Regiment was Killed in Normandy Battle for Caen these items came to me through my Dad.

They are historic items from a bygone age and I for one do not feel any animosity to this cap being shown.infact find it interesting
Regards

Stephen
Old 08-03-19, 02:21 PM

Quote:
The black piping indicates Pionier (sapper) branch of the army.
Leigh, Is it a repro hat? I am sure the size says 7 1/2 and wouldn't it be in MM's?

Jerry (opps no pun intended)

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 08-03-19, 02:58 PM

Think its 57 1/2, continental sizing I believe.

Simon.
Old 08-03-19, 03:12 PM

You are properly right Simon, I could not make out the first bit. I still think it strange to have a half size in metric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn View Post
Think its 57 1/2, continental sizing I believe.

Simon.

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 08-03-19, 03:50 PM

I hadn't really paid any attention to that marking, yes, it's 57 1/2.
Seems trange for a genuine or a fake / repro.
Looking at the cap itself it see to have some age and be a little fragile.

A check of my notes about this cap has shown that they were casualties of my desk top and external harddrive joint suicide pact crash and burn of some years ago, all that's left re. this cap are a few images.
I may have some printed notes.......

Last edited by leigh kitchen; 08-03-19 at 04:18 PM.