British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-09-14, 08:54 PM

The Orange Order do walk in Southport and other UK towns, and others throughout the commonwealth and the US.
The Order sees itself as defending civil and religious liberties and is loyal to the British Crown.
However the link that was posted is not the Loyal Orange Lodge parade, It is the Apprentice Boys of Derry's Southport parade, a diferent loyal order.
This link is the Loyal Orange Lodge Parade in Southport on 13th July 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtUs-iaGcao
Unlike an impression given in an earlier post they are not a shower of drunken sectarian trouble makers whether in Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh or Southport and I don't know why anyone would think of Loyalist Regalia and Buckfast wine as going together.
Eddie
Old 20-09-14, 11:35 PM

The people have spoken___ the bastards! only joking I was surprised by the EU bigwigs coming out on the No side, is this their cunning plan to make sure the Pro EU Scots have a say in the UK referendum on EU membership? It would be ironic if Scottish votes kept the UK in the EU, against the the wishes of the UKIP.
Old 22-09-14, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_2817 View Post
My wife hails from Stockbridge, and I lived in Devon for a while.

Ah 'Buckfast Tonic Wine' made by Monks for Scottish Alkies LoL

Devon's most secret export
Ah, Stockaree - you'll not find many offies there with shelves full of Govan Champagne. Which probably accounts for the heavy NO vote in Auld Reekie. Mind you I'd say there was a bit of staggering to the polling booths in Niddrie.

The memsahib and I had a cheeky little laugh over this poor journalist who got mugged in Niddrie and had his radio equipment stolen then sold back to him for £200. Somebody should have warned him before he set off into "Darkest Niddrie."
Old 22-09-14, 12:08 PM

Personaly i would like to know how much Tax Payers Money has been spent on this only weeks after the goverment decide not to issue a National Defence Medal to former UK Service personel on the grounds of Cost.

comments on note paper addressed to the PM

regards

Stephen
Old 22-09-14, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkstone View Post
Personaly i would like to know how much Tax Payers Money has been spent on this only weeks after the goverment decide not to issue a National Defence Medal to former UK Service personel on the grounds of Cost.

comments on note paper addressed to the PM

regards

Stephen
You can ask the question - there's an online service to allow you to do so, and you'll get an answer. It just might be a load of waffle.