British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-03-09, 09:11 PM
Mr. Jackanory

I have seen OSD RA EIIR cap badges being worn as late as 1998 when my semi-military career was coming to an end.
Don't do what I did as a very novice collecter and polish your Berkshire IY OSD cap badge because you think it is dirty! Gald it only cost me 4 quid in the first place. Cap badge John in Nottingham had a good chuckle and he knows his badges!
Matti
Old 11-03-09, 09:36 PM

Dave, that "horrible" milk chocolate color on the S. Lancashire is often indicative of early OSD badges. (If you get tired of looking at it, you can sell to me As I had touched on earlier, the colors of OSD range from milk chocolate brown through various shades brassy bronze and on to virtually black. I dont know the processes that makers used for making these badges, but they apparently varied considerably.

CB
Old 11-03-09, 10:10 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default chocolate bronze ??

Hello CB,

If I didn't collect bronze badges, I'd sell it to you with pleasure but I do, sorry mate, now you've told me that little snippet, I'm a little happier.

Take care, all the best.

Dave.
Old 12-03-09, 08:09 AM
Mr. Jackanory

Have a whole selection of OSDs, all bought over ten years ago, that I want to shift, includes, Lincs, Hants, K/C and Q/C, borders, West Kent, RA, RE, Stffs, West Yorks, Buffs, Leics, and several others.
Any interest give us a shout, I'll put up a full list asap
Matti
Old 12-03-09, 08:13 AM
Mr. Jackanory

Add to that Suffolks K/C and Q/C, Norfolks, Beds and Herts, Devons, Warwicks, Royal Fusiliers K/C and Q/C,
Matti
Old 12-03-09, 10:50 AM

Default OSD's

Morning matti,

It sounds as though you have just been reading off the list of the OSD's I have on show, while reading I was saying to myself, no, no, no, etc and then you mention Staffs, the big question..........North or South ???????

Following on from a previous post, I would be interested in yours if it is to the N.Staffs !!!!

PM if so..........................

Cheers, Dave.

PS, I'm trying to sell my Corps sets myself, I still have caps and collars to the Pay Corps, the Pioneer Corps and the Signals, so I wouldn't be interested in corps badges any more........DC.
Old 12-03-09, 11:15 AM
Mr. Jackanory

North Staffs and possibly a set of collars somewhere. Single collars to Kensingtons, Berks Yeo and Bucks Hussars though that might be a field service cap badge on lugs.
Old 12-03-09, 11:28 AM

Default N.Staffs OSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by matti467 View Post
North Staffs and possibly a set of collars somewhere. Single collars to Kensingtons, Berks Yeo and Bucks Hussars though that might be a field service cap badge on lugs.
Hello matti,

Very interested, please PM me for required discussions etc.

Dave.
Old 15-03-09, 07:13 PM

dear Dave c2
The finsbury looks very dubious as it appears to have the same diefault under the A in ARIS as is found on copies but not on originals,to my knowledge.Cheers Macandpud
Old 15-03-09, 07:36 PM

Default Bronze copies

Cheers, Macandpud,

It isn't the first time that I have been told that, I guess I was right to doubt that one, ah well, another for ebay.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any others that you're not happy about, you'll be competing with my mate the ' Grim Reaper ', what's the expression......who needs enemies

All the best.

Dave.
Old 01-06-09, 06:33 PM

Default OSD EBAY

Can you tell me which seller on Ebay they came from. I have bought one from a seller called batch_the_badge in the last few days. It cost £4.99 with free P&P. The seller did not state whether original of restrike. I have now asked and they tell me that it is a restrike and can have my money back if not satisfied.

Anybody else buying form this seller.

Paul