British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Indian Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-01-22, 12:04 PM

Default Sand cast Indian Security cap badge.

The star would suggest that this sand cast badge might be Indian. I cannot find a similiar example on the internet. There appears to be a Pakistani version with a crescent in place of the star which would be post partition.

Can anyone please tell me if this is a police or military badge and anything else about who wore it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New stuff 011.jpg (95.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg New stuff 012.jpg (91.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 17-01-22, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
The star would suggest that this sand cast badge might be Indian. I cannot find a similiar example on the internet. There appears to be a Pakistani version with a crescent in place of the star which would be post partition.

Can anyone please tell me if this is a police or military badge and anything else about who wore it?
These have been appearing on Ebay quite a bit over the last few years. I suspect they are just generic use badges for small Indian security companies and individuals in uniform.
Old 17-01-22, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
These have been appearing on Ebay quite a bit over the last few years. I suspect they are just generic use badges for small Indian security companies and individuals in uniform.
Thank you Phil, this one turned up in a job lot of badges that I bought.

Simon.

Last edited by High Wood; 19-01-22 at 08:45 AM.
Old 17-01-22, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
Thank you Phil, this one turned up in a job lot of badges that I bought.

Simon.
Here is a currently listed example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/In9757-ca...-127639-2357-0
Old 18-01-22, 12:27 AM

Hi Simon, as above, this is most likely a security firm badge. Also, while on the subject lots of such fake/copy badges coming up on ebay of late from sellers in Pakistan..now there are fake Malaya/ Singapore badges as well.. someone has probably noticed theyre selling for quite a but these days so churning them out i think...
Old 18-01-22, 09:52 AM

Sunil,

many thanks for your update. I bought the badge on Sunday from a bloke who sells mainly costume jewellry, buttons and trinkets which he buys from house clearance people. He has trays of odds and ends on his stall and every item is a £1. I have had some good finds from him recently including a Napoleonic button, a R.N.A.S. cloth eagle and a glider Pilot Regiment bullion wing. The only downside is that you have to get up very early.

Simon.

Last edited by High Wood; 19-01-22 at 08:44 AM.